BMW hardtail with triples

No Skid Marks

Blue Mountain Bikes Brooklyn/Lahar/Kowa/PO1NT Raci
Frame - Brooklyn Big Ben
Front shock/fork -White Brothers UD150,old school thrashed out, and I dig em, you can still get parts for them luckily.
Handlebars -FSA Gravity carbon, hell yeah I'm scared, they're gouged.
Stem - Point 1 Racing.
Headset - FSA campy style integrated 45/45.
Grips - Ritchey 30g foamys, held on so far.
Saddle - SDG Ti Railed BelAir, love these seats.
Seatpost - Thomson 400mm
Front brake -Avid Ultimate, on 180mm Shimano rotor.
Rear brake - Avid Ultimate leaver, braided line with Ultimate rear caliper on some light(Formula) 160mm rotor.
Cranks - XT, good enough for me.
Chainguide - MRP or something similar.
Chain - ?? can't remember.
Pedals - Welgo Mag MG21s
Rear derailleur - XO
Rear shifter - 8speed X7 or 5, same thing.
Cassette - A couple of butchered 8 speeds to make a 6 speed 11-30tooth.
Front hub - Hope Bulb, nice n light.
Rear hub - Profile single speed
Front rim - Sun Single track
Rear rim - Mavic 721
Spokes -DT Ti front, half TI half stainless on the rear(all I had at the time).
Nipples - DT Pro Lock Ally
Tyres - Tubless Ritchey Z-Max, race on rear. I like these, but would rather somne 2.35 Minions if anyone knows where to get them.
Tubes - Ghetto Pro tubeless made out of 20" tubes cut to fill whole rim, with Stans sealant.
Total weight -Next time I'm near a shop, don't trust the dunny scales.
I've posted this bike before, but it now has many new parts, and I want to see how much flack I cop for my inverted triples:p.

Last edited:

Dirt king

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I am a little lost as to what style of riding this is meant for. I am guessing a bit of XC, DJ and just a run around but anyways thats beside the point.

Has damn good spec, and looks rather unusual in its own right, but thats what separates it from the norco's etc.

As far as the upside down forks, I think that having the forks like that is maybe one of the best designs there have been. Mainly for the fact that forks like the Dorado's, Mavericks etc all had covers over the stanchions down the bottom, so if you smashed into a rock or something, you may have damaged the plastic guard prtoector, or worse ripped it off, but at least the fork leg still stays good, and there is no need to purchase a new set of uppers for your $2000 forks. Should be something that fork companies should look into, even making protectors with forks the 'Normal way up". Thats just my opinion whether anyone agrees, well that doesn't matter.

But all in all nice bike, but still have no idea what it is for though.

No Skid Marks

It's for everything, XC, trail, DH if need be, smooth DH tracks, and some tame DJing. I'm shit at jumping, and always will be, so I don't need to be able to spin the bars. But most importantly, I needed the adjustable Kowa single crowns I had on it for my girlfriends Mongoose dually, so I can change the headangle for her to suit DH or XC, as she only has one bike.
I can internally change the travel on the White Brothers if need be. I think I have them set at 5-5.5" travel at present. Oh and these forks owe me less than $150.

mhuth1

Likes Dirt
hey man where do u live i might just come and steal your brakes. but seriously do the new elixers feel are they as good as avid say

No Skid Marks

hey man where do u live i might just come and steal your brakes. but seriously do the new elixers feel are they as good as avid say
Yes they do feel great. The ramping up took a few runs to get used to(I think, might have been placebo(in my head)). I'm running them on my DH bike also, but with a Code front caliper. I'd try the new Saints also though if you're in the market. I'm totally happy with these though.

They're Juicy ultimates, read the spec list, it's there for a reason :rolleyes:
Always double check facts before beating chest;)
Front brake -Avid Ultimate, on 180mm Shimano rotor.
Rear brake - Avid Ultimate leaver, braided line with Ultimate rear caliper on some light(Formula) 160mm rotor.

USD forks ftw. Looks alright but the seat is a bit high.
I've got one of those cool high tech quick release seat clamps, it goes down, not all the way, but I have an I-Beam post I can swipe out of my Girlfriends bike that can be slammed if need be. I just posted it with the seat up to express the bikes capabilities.

But the spec list might not tell all the details.. looks like Elixir CR leavers on Juicy Ultimate calipers
Yep Elixir CR levers and front caliper.
I've lowered the forks to 67-8degree headangle now, and the travel is fairly docile past the first inch so they don't dive to much.
Only taken it for one ride so far, seemed great for me though, I will mis the adjustable travel/height Kowas though, they really make it 3bikes in 1, I'll take her out again today.

Lorday

Eats Squid
That. Bike. Is. Awsome. And to be honest, if it had singles (fox vanilla or talas) , I would be in love.

Full stops are there for a reason, A breath had to be taken between those words...for full affect of the "breath taking" bike.

Tazed

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I'm lovin' it.
Nothing in the build makes sense, so it's perfect!
You could go all out and single speed it, though.

No Skid Marks

I'm lovin' it.
Nothing in the build makes sense, so it's perfect!
You could go all out and single speed it, though.
What don't you get?
I don't do DJing very often if at all. The forks are only 5.5" max, but 4.5 mainly.

disfocus

Likes Dirt
I've been lurking on this forum for a while, mainly researching bits and pieces I wanted to know, but haven't posted anything yet (mainly because anything I come across that I might have an opinion on has already been discussed to death, and I have a phobia of forum-clogging ;)).

That said, I just gotta comment on this bike. For the types of riding I tend to do, it's pretty much a wet dream. It's got everything I would like to build into a bike if I wasn't juggling work, study, family and commuting on a pathetic budget (and that also means that my commute is the same bike as my weekend weapon, but but on a budget so low that it winds up being crap at both. The big trick is to remember to remove the Weeride before hitting the trails ;)).

This bike makes me question my sexuality.

Wanna swap it for one of my kids? They're nearly old enough to be useful around the house...