Blue Derby Pods $4300 Luxury Weekend Giveaway

nathanm

Eats Squid
Yah, that I'm aware of. I have a Smartphone afterall, which means nothing is actually private.
all those home speaker alexa/google mini things track every word you speak as well. plus the government listens to all your phone calls and reads all your texts.

FigBo0T

Puts verniers on his headtube
Oh shit, best post of the week!

Only if you just "click click click".
The FB entry is very customisable, you don't HAVE to allow access to everything including your first-born, only your name and anything else publicly seen on FB ;)
What about the Instagram one? Don't you have to do both ?
I didn't investigate further because I find modern marketing strategies offensive. I find FB and Instagram offensive. Yeah, I use bookface.
I know I'm a horrible hypocrite.

Isildur

The Real Pedant
What about the Instagram one? Don't you have to do both ?
I didn't investigate further because I find modern marketing strategies offensive. I find FB and Instagram offensive. Yeah, I use bookface.
I know I'm a horrible hypocrite.
Ya, my IG is public anway and I don't post anywhere near as much on that. IG for "Inspiration & Fake Life", FB for "let's see how crazy most people are"

all those home speaker alexa/google mini things track every word you speak as well. plus the government listens to all your phone calls and reads all your texts.
Don't forget your Smart Fridge tracking your food intake fatty! And your Smart Air-Con knowing when you get sweaty. Plus your Smart TV knowing everything you watch.

Thankfully I'll be dead by the time the singularity happens and the machines rise. And if not, it won't be long either way!

digitalhippie

Likes Dirt
Data mining.

Nice carrot.
A stay at Blue Derby Pods is a nice carrot indeed, as it should be. :)

The motivation for the competition is pretty straightforward tho.

The bike shop I work out changed its business name a while back. Despite tussling back and forth over a couple of months, Facebook refused to allow us to change our existing Facebook page to our new business name (WTF!) ... so in the end the only thing left to do was walk away from the old FB page and start a new one.

Getting anyone to a new FB page, Insta etc these days is pretty difficult, so the shop wanted to make it a fair exchange - a chance of a great Tassie MTB prize in exchange for some social media love. We tried to match the hassle factor of each 'task' to the number of entries you're rewarded with.

So no catch really, IMO anyway. I've entered a few online competitions using the same Gleam service, kinda think it's a fun way of running a giveaway.

Apologies if the original post violated any rules. Just didn't want any miserable old rotorburnians missing out on a chance to win :p

Last edited: