Blown Shock

doihoi

Likes Dirt
Trying to get a better understanding of what you do with your blown shocks, do you;

a) get it rebuilt and sell
b) sell (if so, do you get much from it)

I've got a CC DB Air (non CS) that's blown and is sitting in the garage.

Cheers for your opinions and advice.

Boom King

downloaded a pic of moorey's bruised arse
Either way, you're not getting much back given a rebuild will cost around $200.

You might get a little more in the end if you can be stuffed getting it fixed.

JTmofo

XC Enthusiast
1. Do you need a spare?
2. How much it is going to cost to repair/do you have the cash to repair it?
3. Is it cost effective to repair it?
4. Do you need the cash from selling it?
5. Are you arsed sending it off for repair?

If i needed/wanted a spare shock that suited the bike I have, and the rebuild cost ins't huge, I'd repair it.

If its not cost effective to repair it..... either sell it as a damaged shock or bin it.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Trying to get a better understanding of what you do with your blown shocks, do you;

a) get it rebuilt and sell
b) sell (if so, do you get much from it)

I've got a CC DB Air (non CS) that's blown and is sitting in the garage.

Cheers for your opinions and advice.
I'm always shocked when I get blow too.

What size is the shock? What do you mean by "blown"? I can think of a few different outcomes that may result in an air shock being described as blown, some simple some disastrous.

Personally I've blown the rebound in an old fox vanilla fork. I got it repaired under warranty, which was lucky as the bill would've been huge. I have also blown the dampening in a fox vanilla RC rear shock. The repair bill was a few hundred. In both cases I was still using the unit and it was cheaper than a new one, so i repaired and continued use.

doihoi

Likes Dirt
I'm always shocked when I get blow too.

What size is the shock? What do you mean by "blown"? I can think of a few different outcomes that may result in an air shock being described as blown, some simple some disastrous.

Personally I've blown the rebound in an old fox vanilla fork. I got it repaired under warranty, which was lucky as the bill would've been huge. I have also blown the dampening in a fox vanilla RC rear shock. The repair bill was a few hundred. In both cases I was still using the unit and it was cheaper than a new one, so i repaired and continued use.
Haha good call pink poodle

Loss of air, you pump it up, doesn't hold it
Size is a 216mm x 63mm and has come off my 2013 S-Works Enduro

doihoi

Likes Dirt
1. Do you need a spare?
2. How much it is going to cost to repair/do you have the cash to repair it?
3. Is it cost effective to repair it?
4. Do you need the cash from selling it?
5. Are you arsed sending it off for repair?

If i needed/wanted a spare shock that suited the bike I have, and the rebuild cost ins't huge, I'd repair it.

If its not cost effective to repair it..... either sell it as a damaged shock or bin it.
A friend did mention it'd be handy to have a spare, but it is minimum $200 or so to get it serviced, and you also dunno what else is damaged so can be more than $200

pink poodle

気が狂っている男

How does it feel if you cycle the shock? No juice pissing out?

I'd inclined to sell for some pocket money, something like $50 just to be rid of it. Or fix it and move it. You probably won't get much more than the repair price, but a working shock is easier to sell than a broken mystery bag.

JTmofo

XC Enthusiast
A friend did mention it'd be handy to have a spare, but it is minimum $200 or so to get it serviced, and you also dunno what else is damaged so can be more than $200
Send it to a suspension shop and get them to check it out and give you a price. Simples.

doihoi

Likes Dirt
How does it feel if you cycle the shock? No juice pissing out?

I'd inclined to sell for some pocket money, something like $50 just to be rid of it. Or fix it and move it. You probably won't get much more than the repair price, but a working shock is easier to sell than a broken mystery bag.
No juice pissing out, bottoms out when I push on the seat

shmity

Likes Bikes and Dirt

Boom King

downloaded a pic of moorey's bruised arse

Standard shaft mount or that proprietary Spesh yolk mount stuff?