Bike Xmas presents

Ultra Lord

Hurts. Requires Money. And is nerdy.
Next Xmas is hopefully the Production-Privee, wife said it could happen so it must be true.
Best christmass present, a year long wait for another christmas present hahahaha.

Those nukeproofs look pretty awesome though. Byr when it's built? Haven't seen any around.

I got a pretty solid hawaiian shirt and some awesome socks. If any burners see a guy out on sydney trails riding a scout wearing pug socks, say hi.

Last edited:

nzdans

Likes Dirt
My lady got some Ground Effect gloves, Osprey Talon pack & 3l Denali bladder. Just did 45km on the fat bike with her at around 30 degrees to test it out :thumb:

Best christmass present, a year long wait for another christmas present hahahaha.

Those nukeproofs look pretty awesome though. Byr when it's built? Haven't seen any around.

I got a pretty solid hawaiian shirt and some awesome socks. If any burners see a guy out on sydney trails riding a scout wearing pug socks, say hi.
Should be easy enough to spot. Better riding a Scout in pug socks than riding a Pug in scout socks?
Can do the BYR for sure, need to brush up on my picture inserting skills though.
Not many around at all, see quite a few Megas and Pulses getting about here in WA. Possibly the Sam Hill factor? Think he was riding a Vitus HT in the Cape2Cape though. Don't quote me on that though.

Duane

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Mrs gave me cash towards a new neck brace and helmet after I trashed the old ones.
Spoilt my son with a new dual sus. bike.

mrx78u

Likes Dirt
I got a new trek fuel ex, but the courier managed to lose it between the trek warehouse and shop so I got nothing instead :(

Paulie_AU

Likes Dirt
Wife got a second bottle cage for the specialized ruby she got last week, a fox helmet and some socks. I got a fox helmet, new camelback, gloves (because my bmx ones clash with my new mtb) and some riding socks that match my mtb. Kids got some new riding jerseys.

I have put in a order of carbon bars and another stem for next Christmas if I dont buy them between now and then (ha who am I kidding I will change them out in next month or two).

Paulie_AU

Likes Dirt
got my partner a new roadie cervelo r3 disc. she always hates the rim brakes after a weekend on the mtb.
My wife has given me shit for the last 18 months due to my roadie having discs. She got a new bike last week and now loves them.

OTH Dave

Likes Bikes
Received an 11 speed XT drive train with absolute Black 32 tooth oval chain ring.
Going to be fitted to my 2014 Trance x.
Hopefully get it installed this afternoon after giving the 2 x 10 its last run.
:happy:

Hamsta

Likes Bikes and Dirt
A spare rear hanger for an SB66, some new Dura-Ace rims, a new rechargeable front and rear light set, and a new set of continental tyres for the road bike. For the girl I purchased a pair of nicks/jersey set that makes her look even more badass than she already is, a fitted women's specific body geometry saddle, and some sports bras that she likes. She wants to get herself a track bike/fixie so that could be a belated gift.

stewyh

Likes Dirt
Got an Azur 2200 light from Santa for night riding. Never been out at night before so stuck to some trails I know pretty well out at Plenty Gorge. Mounted it on the bars and it went pretty well. Depth perception (or lack of it) is really weird though! I found myself not paying much heed to rocks & ruts in the immediate line of sight and focusing further ahead. On sharp turns I was blindsided a bit, have yet to try mounting it on helmet will see how that goes. Might even buy a second one so I can have one on helmet & bar.

20161228_213341.jpg

And bought myself a cheap trials bike off a fellow Burner for Xmas. Monty Kamel 220. Needs a little tlc before a serious ride though.

20161217_173444.jpg

Minlak

custom titis
Got an Azur 2200 light from Santa for night riding. Never been out at night before so stuck to some trails I know pretty well out at Plenty Gorge. Mounted it on the bars and it went pretty well. Depth perception (or lack of it) is really weird though! I found myself not paying much heed to rocks & ruts in the immediate line of sight and focusing further ahead. On sharp turns I was blindsided a bit, have yet to try mounting it on helmet will see how that goes. Might even buy a second one so I can have one on helmet & bar.
Most people run a light on the bars and one on the helmet for night riding its so much nicer.

link1896

Mr Greenfield
Most people run a light on the bars and one on the helmet for night riding its so much nicer.
20 watts of Cree XML2 in 120degree spill on the bars and a 15 degree spot off the helmet is perfect for me. As bright as a modern car's low beam headlights :) :)

Pebble

Likes Bikes and Dirt
On sharp turns I was blindsided a bit, have yet to try mounting it on helmet will see how that goes. Might even buy a second one so I can have one on helmet & bar.

View attachment 334429
I haven't done much night riding apart from rides to work when I had to do 5am starts. If you only have the one light I would opt for mounting it on your helmet. I have the crappiest night vision so even for easy stuff my LED Lenser M7R on the helmet was great, although I could still manage to miss a turn off if it wasn't a straight run so hate to think how bad it would have been with bar mounted lol.
But like others have said if you have one on the bars and another on your head you get best of both worlds (and good backup if one dies).

4dabush

Likes Dirt
Sort of Christmas present...my birthday was about 2 weeks before Christmas and was a big '0' birthday.
My wife got the whole family to contribute for birthday and Christmas combined to add this to my fleet... total surprise, she had Vince from Edge Cycles do her research for her and this was what they came up with! It goes with my DH, carbon 29er dually, 6inch dually and dirt jump... now I just need to work part time to use them all more !

Attachments