Bike washing stand

call_me_bruce

Likes Dirt
Hi guys,

What do you use to keep your bike steady while you wash it? I'd prefer something that held a wheel, but open to suggestions.

I had a quick search but didn't spot any old threads on this.

Thanks!

teK--

Eats Squid
feedback sports display stand. holds wheel very steady i use in garage and for washing. just fits a 2.35 Tyre.

feedback-rakk-med.jpg

Urban DH

Likes Bikes and Dirt
if you've got a work/repair stand just use that, other wise I like to hang mine up using large meat hooks which have a rag then a tube over then end on the bike, one under the stem (or that area) and one on the back wheel, just hang from the pergola

Johnn

Squid
I hang the bike from the clothes hoist. Hook the seat over an arm of the hoist with a bit of cloth to protect the saddle and seat post.
Best if there isn't any washing hanging out to dry.

silentbutdeadly

has some good things to say
I just use the bike stand and I 'wash' the bike with compressed air rather than water. One of the upsides of being dusty rather than muddy. Quick wipe over with water and carwash and job's done. Then a fast wipe with Armor-all (if I could be arsed) and it's ready for more dust...

MrZ32

Likes Dirt
Two wheely bins. .. rest the bars in the bin handle/pivot joint between the two bins, the flick it round the other way and wedge the rear between the bins. As they are soft and plastic they don't Mark the bike and are designed to cope with water/out door conditions