Bike trailer to haul kids, possibly dog

Calvin27

Eats Squid
Tag teaming out and fortunate that my work has a good leave policy to support women going back to work, which means I have a bit of time off. One thing I am keen to do is make use of this time and get out do heaps of riding. Obviously will have kids to look after so will have to dial it back a bit but I was thinking now might be a good time to get a bike trailer. Taking recommendations, stories or anything else from other mums and dads.

Key criteria:
- Jogger convertible
- I prefer it to be compact as possible. Needs to fit in the boot with doggo (25kg samoyed) for the days I use the stroller/jogger mode.
- Minimal fuss, easy to assemble, disassemble. I hate poorly designed stuff.

Like to haves:
- 2 seater if possible, one seater if I really have no chance with the size.
- Washable seats or at least covers and stuff I can buy, the kids are rort.

Keen to spend as little as possible as usual. Something like the Thule chariot lite seems ok, but not sure I am ready to spend that much and hoping there is something for a lot less than that that fits the bill.

Thoughts/recommendations welcome!

Labcanary

One potato, two potato, click
Tag teaming out and fortunate that my work has a good leave policy to support women going back to work, which means I have a bit of time off. One thing I am keen to do is make use of this time and get out do heaps of riding. Obviously will have kids to look after so will have to dial it back a bit but I was thinking now might be a good time to get a bike trailer. Taking recommendations, stories or anything else from other mums and dads.

Key criteria:
- Jogger convertible
- I prefer it to be compact as possible. Needs to fit in the boot with doggo (25kg samoyed) for the days I use the stroller/jogger mode.
- Minimal fuss, easy to assemble, disassemble. I hate poorly designed stuff.

Like to haves:
- 2 seater if possible, one seater if I really have no chance with the size.
- Washable seats or at least covers and stuff I can buy, the kids are rort.

Keen to spend as little as possible as usual. Something like the Thule chariot lite seems ok, but not sure I am ready to spend that much and hoping there is something for a lot less than that that fits the bill.

Thoughts/recommendations welcome!
Croozer trailers are pretty compact and usually cheaper than Thule chariot. Check the max weight rating as it can change year to year even within the same model.

Second hand is the way to go off you're on a bit of a budget. They often come with accessories and attachments that are expensive brand new. (Jogger/pram configurations, rain covers, etc)
I have had two trailers. First was an old thule chariot double seater, but the weight and size difference between my two kids made it a bit sketchy on our poorly maintained gravel "shared" paths. Second trailer was a croozer single seat. It was very compact and easy to swap between trailer and jogger modes. I loved using it, but I've since developed some medical issues that meant I couldn't tow it anymore, so I sold it.

Someone was selling a double seat croozer on FB recently. Possibly in Melbourne too. I'll see if I can find the ad for you.

Calvin27

Eats Squid
Thanks @Labcanary I'll have a look into it. I was given a old croozer that was pretty worse for wear, wheels rusted, bearings shot and torn in all places. I could deal with all that but the double seater didn't actually fit in my boot. Different car now, but I'll have to do some measurements.

Might have to stick to single seater if the options are limited.