Bike Riding Music...

Status
Not open for further replies.

The funki 1

Likes Dirt
It's sad when a mountain bike rider gets injured and your wheels get locked in the shed and your mum says NO MORE BIKES! It breaks my heart because such a thing has happened to me.

I am not allowed to ride my bike for another 4 weeks...

However because of this i have had alot of time on the couch, i have also purchased pretty much every mtb movie that they had down at the not so local bike shop...

Anyway a friend came over whilst i was watching "Super 8" and said "Wow this movie has got heaps of bike music in it. It's sweet as!"

That got me thinking, what is bike riding music? I'm sure that it is different for every person but what is generally "Bike Riding Music"

I pray to god that it is not all that heavy disgusting crap that we witness on the later new world disorder vids.

What do people classify as bike riding music???:confused:

I've being thinking the same. In my opinion it's music that can get you real pumped, it can range from "Hilltop Hoods" to "Boy Sets Fire" and for the people that don't know them,

They sang the song in the downhill whistler section of Roam. The song was Rookie, I'm pretty sure there was a Thread that was posted about the best bike riding songs. Some good song's that has being on MTB movies

Song - Artist - From what MTB movie
Estrogen Oxygen - Loudermilk - The Marzocchi Video
Rookie - Boy Sets Fire - ROAM

Fever - Adam Freeland & Sarah Vaughan - Stund 3

Recapturing The Vibe - Hilltop Hoods - Super 8 two Trailer

Baby Hates Me - Danko Jones - NWD 7 Trailer

Bury Me - Z-Trip - Unchained
Standing (Feat. Luke Sick)

Those are just a couple of the top of my head, hope I help you out.

Josh - The A-Line Team[/CENTER]

donthucktoflat

Eats Squid
lots of things classify "bike music"

suitability, flow, mood set etc but basically it all comes down to how suitable the track is for the part.

DH= flow (hip hop, melodic metal)
FR= floow most of the time (should be hip hop IMO)
DJ= same
trials= heavier or punkier stuff
XC= silence.. maybe some stuff breaking

IMO most riding doesnt suit really heavy aggro music but again, it all boils down to the scene at that moment and of course the editor and the rider's style.

asking "what is riding music" is like asking how long is a piece of string

Grip

Yeah, yeah... blah, blah.
There's already a thread on this subject... right where it should be too, in the Off Topic forum

Status
Not open for further replies.