Bike Mechanic course

Delbs

Likes Dirt
i found some info on this website in regards to a course Cert 3 i think in bicycles mechanics
http://www.autocareers.com.au/bicycles/profiles/profile_AUR31999.html

i allready have a fulltime job but would love to do this course and wanna get weekend work or just "know bikes" n maybe help out mates that need a hand.

id get the correct tools as i allready have a workshop aswell, but what i need to find out where are these courses available are they actual courses or Only apprentice stuff?

i cant obviously be an apprentice lol so id wanna do it remotely or something...the place that the above website posted is as an apprentice only i think... or maybe learn by just fiddling? dont really wanna be fiddling on a $5g bike though lol :p

Any thoughts?or anyone an actual qualified bike mechanic? in canberra region? lol

Sethius

Crashed out somewhere
i found some info on this website in regards to a course Cert 3 i think in bicycles mechanics
http://www.autocareers.com.au/bicycles/profiles/profile_AUR31999.html

i allready have a fulltime job but would love to do this course and wanna get weekend work or just "know bikes" n maybe help out mates that need a hand.

id get the correct tools as i allready have a workshop aswell, but what i need to find out where are these courses available are they actual courses or Only apprentice stuff?

i cant obviously be an apprentice lol so id wanna do it remotely or something...the place that the above website posted is as an apprentice only i think... or maybe learn by just fiddling? dont really wanna be fiddling on a $5g bike though lol :p

Any thoughts?or anyone an actual qualified bike mechanic? in canberra region? lol
i wanted to a do a cert 3 however the training facilities were hours away with very few other students, so im doing cert 2 then when im done just step up and tick off whatever extra units are left.. and you'll be playing with all sorts of bikes but the new plan is alot better organized than the other older one.

Delbs

Likes Dirt
Who are u going through to even do cert 2? like online or an actual campus? cause it sorta sucks if the only way u can really learn about bikes n everything is if i was to quit my fulltime job (moneys too good to do so) and take up an apprenticeship which i wouldnt be earning much after i was qualified anyway. do u work fulltime as ur doing it? or should i try and find like a friend that knows a bit n just learn off them? lol

Sethius

Crashed out somewhere
Who are u going through to even do cert 2? like online or an actual campus? cause it sorta sucks if the only way u can really learn about bikes n everything is if i was to quit my fulltime job (moneys too good to do so) and take up an apprenticeship which i wouldnt be earning much after i was qualified anyway. do u work fulltime as ur doing it? or should i try and find like a friend that knows a bit n just learn off them? lol
long distance? im based in the shop FT and my trainer comes round to check and an assessor comes 4+ times a year to make sure i can do what they/i say i can. probably best to try and learn off someone.