bike for Dad

Ro

Likes Bikes
Been looking for an excuse to get one of these for yrs. After recommendations for a bike for new trials rider with mtb background, 62kg, 167cm, with seat, maybe 24"? something that can be used at the skate park too but more trials orientated. Based in the Shoalhaven but travel to Syd regularly if anyone has anything for sale. Cheers in advance for advice.

danthebloke

Likes Dirt
inspired hex

hi Ro im also a mtber and have recently bought a Inspired Hex 26",i like the bigger wheels as it rolls better over some terrain which i found good for learning and they help with balance.A lot of the more advanced riders ride 26"(stock) and they still get pretty loose with them.I got mine from Tim @ expressive bikes ,they are in queensland and im in WA and had no probs with shipping the bike over .
Also have a search on here and you find some great vids.
cheers .

Lilley

Likes Dirt
The Inspired Element and Fourplay are both bikes that fit the bill perfectly for what you want to do. Feel free to drop me an email at tim@expressivebikes.com if you would like some more info. I might even have a 2nd hand one coming up shortly :)

We also have an Inspired dealer in Sydney. The Hell Team are in Artarmon and you can contact them via www.thehellteam.com They usually have a couple of 24" models in stock at all times.

Both 24" and 26" bikes ride very well. The 24" wheels allow for slightly shorter chainstays (in the Fourplay model) and with the small wheels this makes the bike a little more "flicky". For skatepark and your size a 24" is probably the way to go but the bigger wheels on the Hex would keep things consistent with your MTB.

Ro

Likes Bikes
Cool , yeah I figure the 24 would be lighter and easy to throw around, dont want something too close to a mtb. will check out your links.

Ro

Likes Bikes
all done folks, thanks for input, ended up picking up an old mod to get started, will upgrade to a 24" for more street and skate park fun as skills progress.