Bighit vs. Shore 3

09Ryde

Likes Dirt
Hi guys im am probably going to soon (next 8 months) upgrade to a daulie
(yes i still huck hardtail:p) and i was wondering wheter or not to go for the 09 bighit fsr 1 or 09 norco shore 3. I do some dh which is why im upgrading but i also do some dj's and thats why i have my 09 norco ryde.. so also do u reckon i should keep that or sell it ? if u have any other suggestions please post :p but btw im sort of on a budget of $2600\2700 and under so any suggestions welcome

Barnsy

Likes Dirt
For Dh the big hit should be the best choice, but I don't know how much they've changed the geometry from the previous models. It seems similar. The shore is more to do some hucking, you'll find its not stable enough for DH proper.

frdlvr

Likes Dirt
Norco shore for sure!!!!

I own and ride NORCO SHORE and ride it downhill and its a great bike for downhill.

But if your going to be riding mostly DH for the money you are looking at in the trading area you can pick up a great DH bike:

GT DHI
08 A-LINE
GLORY

Last edited:

Oddersea

Likes Dirt
Go for the bighit mate! then we can be bighit brews!
I might be going to upgrade my rear shock soon!

s_govers01

Likes Dirt
Save and get Norco Atomik.
+1 the atomik's are so sweet. you can pick up a bargain in the trading area and do some mods to it if you feel necessary.
if you dont want triples i would go either totems/lyriks/domains at the least if you are going to be dhing.

The best decision as people have stated would be to save a little longer and get a proper downhill bike and just keep your Ryde.
The Norco Atomik is a great bike for the price and is a good way to start your vision of downhill, you should also look around the trading area of this forum for a great bargain.

J-