Bicycle Superstore Gravity 12 Hour - Rosewhite VIC - Saturday Nov 6th 2010

Entries are now open for the 2010 Bicycle Superstore Gravity 12 hour.

Go to http://www.gravity12hour.com and follow the links to enter online.

Don't miss out on this once a year oppotunity to ride the super cool single track that is purpose built for this event.

With great overnight camping, a spectacular location and maximum fun all included you would have to be crazy not to be there.

From the Team @ Finish Line Events.

Attachments

Last edited:
Yes, it's unfortunate that this clash of events has occured but it is out of our control. The Gravity has been run for 8 years now and always on the same weekend.

I guess you have a choice of which event to enter unless you have already signed up for the DW100. If so, have a good one and maybe we will see you in 2011.

Hopefully, we have built up enough good will and loyalty over the past 7 years and riders choose to support the event.

From the Team @ Finish Line Events.

akashra

Eats Squid
Damn, same weekend as the DW 100. Would have been up for this otherwise.
You think having two major events on the same weekend is bad enough, check out when MTBA decided to put round 1 of the National series!
Take note people. If you want to get on the podium at an event, the November 6-7 and December 11-12* weekends are the ones to do it :)
Reasons to race Gravity over DW100:
1. It's been around for ages on the same date.
2. It's run under MTBA, which means you're actually insured if you happen to case it.
3. It's a team event, far more social than a marathon.
4. You're bugger all distance from Mt Beauty and Bright if you want to go riding Sunday.

* = FLE's 100km Felt Alpine Assault is on December 12, which also clashes with MTBA Nationals round 3, and the Tour de Pyrynees 6 stage race at Avoca.

Hey Tim,

Thanks for the Support. They are 4 good reasons to race the Gravity any year let alone 201o.

If could add 1 more reason to the list. This is the only opportunity that you get to ride this great course.

See you out there !!

From the Team @ Finish Line Events

Mark S

Likes Dirt
Wasn't being critical at all - I realize that we are part of a booming sport and there are not a lot of free weekends out there. I do like the idea of riding in, and travelling to, different places - actually, I'd never heard of Rosewhite until this email. Will pencil in this w/e for next year (we have already registered for DW).

We didn't take anything as critisizm. It's great that our sport is booming and that there are well run events like Gravity, DW100 amd so many more to cater for the riders.

Have a good weekend at the DW100 and we look fwd to seeing in 2011 at the Gravity in the beautiful location of Rosewhite.

ridemtbsnow

Likes Bikes
Someone gave me the guilt trip when I said I might do DW, so I'm now doing Gravity....and solo this year :)

Seriously why would I drive 3.5hrs to a race when I have Gravity at my backdoor?

It's a fantastically well run event that is so social and fun. I'm looking forward to it.

grimzentide

Likes Dirt
I have a wedding to go to the night before and I am thinking that I might have to make it a dry night so I can enter.

pistonbroke

Eats Squid
I am thinking of doing both events. I have already entered dw100 but have a few mates doing the gravity. Any tips on how to back up a big day?

That sounds like a challenge that needs to be put out there.

Who is up for doing the Gravity and then backing up on Sunday for the DW100??

As for backing up after big day. We also run Terra Australis, which is essentially 7 DW100's in a row. I can put you in touch with plenty of succesful participants who learnt the hard way about recovery and how to do it.

www.finishlineevents.com.au

yes my favorite enduro track as well, as long as it is not wet!
We did a recce of the course last Wednesday and it was in great condition and no where near as wet as we expected it to be. The soil in the region can cope with a fair amount of water and it's been a wet winter.

At that point we didn't know that there was so much rain heading our way so we will probably head out again soon to see if there was any damage to the course.

We are confident that the course will be in A1 condition come race day.

Can't garauntee it won't rain on race day though. Paul has done a lot of work over the years to ensure that the track is a good wet weather track.

www.finishlineevents.com.au