best bmx brake?

Mojo

Likes Dirt
im only running a rear brake and i weigh almost 90kg's

what i want is a bmx brake that i can pull and have it lock up the back wheel in no time at all with minimal effort.

if they could run disc brakes i would put one on. but seeing as that doesnt seem to be the go what is the next best thing??

i did a search, didnt seem to get much.

any help would be great

moosegoose

Likes Bikes and Dirt
go fly theyre sweet and come with kool stop pads.

then go colony lever or the oddysey lever (medium one the small feels shit)

and linear slick cable.

go on the profile website and you can buy a hub with disc mounts (and a 6 speed bmx hub)

but the caliper mounts on the frame would be the only other issue i can think of.

Brozracing192

Likes Bikes and Dirt
fly's, hombre's, evos, anything amongst those with a decentlever (colony, odyssey for example) and cable (theres millions, shadow, odyssey, wethepeople)

Lemontime

Eats Squid
A brake that locks up the back wheel is as good as no brake in an emergency.
A good brake, when the right pressure is applied, should slow you down fast, but the back tire should not lock up.
I run Demolition Vulcans, an Odyssey Monolever (trigger) and a simple bikes brake cable, and it works exactly how I have described above. I'd recommend them for sure.

x

Likes Bikes and Dirt
when i had brakes, i had a fly seatstay, odyssey linear cable, odyssey medium lever and kool stop eagle claw 2 pads. with a chrome odyssey rim.
worked reeeal good, best bmx brake ive ever felt.

RampRider7

Likes Dirt
For brake pads i highly reccommend clear pads. I run some clear pads (not odysseys) and they have got to be the tightest brakes ever. Especially on a chrome rim in the wet.

moosegoose

Likes Bikes and Dirt
thats what im getting. everybodys just started running them at my local and saying there the best pads ever.

Mojo

Likes Dirt
awsome guys thanks heaps. will start lookin into prices are where i can get em now. thanks for that

DYJK

Likes Bikes and Dirt
It doesn't matter if you have a fly or a diatec hombre. If you have a good cable like a shadow which is lubed and have them set at the right tension and also have sterile pads and rim they will work as good in all cases. :eek: