Best bang for buck on 11 speed cassette

Art Vanderlay

Hourly daily
I currently have an 11 speed XX1, 10-42 cassette, using XD driver which is getting close to needing replacement (have got a lot of km's out of it)
Not wanting to spend $400 - $500 on a new one, what better price solutions are out there and what are people using?

Daniel Hale

She fid, he fid, I fidn't
sram has some crazy prices [my 8spd e-bike sram groupo cassette has gone up to something like $575]--found an xtr 11sp at cycling deal other day for 150,

tkdbboy

Likes Dirt
Depending on how long you're thinking of keeping this bike, it may be worth to switching to a shimano driver (if possible on your hub) and some good cassette options open up like Sunrace 46t and 50t ones.
Currently your most bang for buck option would be a gx cassette for about $110 plus shipping from Germany, you'll just have to suss out which ones aren't Geoblocked (maybe Taiwan too off ebay)

The above suggestions may not be an option depending how much importance you put on cassette weight

moorey

call me Mia
Like @wkkie says, when in stock, the 1150’s a cyclingdeal for under $110 delivered are the go. Or $150 for the 1170.
Fingers crossed back in soon.

BT180

Max Pfaff
When my X01 died, i just replaced it with a GX cluster. Haven't noticed any difference. Cheap too, if you don't want to fork out for a Garbaruk or e13, etc..

Got the GX for $161 from Pushys

Nambra

Definitely should have gone to specsavers
XG1150 is now $190 from Pushys, about 130g heavier than X01/XX1. The XG1175 looks like an interesting update to GX - the 42T cog is now aluminium, cassette now weights 325g compared to 394g for the all-steel 1150, only a 60g weight penalty over X01/XX1.

An XG1175 is about AU$210 delivered from r2.bike (they also have XG1150 ~$160, $X01 ~$350 & XX1 ~$370 delivered). Might be time for a new chain and chainring too if your cassette is shagged - tack them on to the order and make the delivery cost a bit more palatable. New bottom bracket too maybe? Brake pads?