Benny Phillips - Sponno Reel (NEW CLIP)

Smacks

Likes Bikes and Dirt
You sound really stoned in your intro.

Your big tricks are fucking nuts, but have you thought much about focusing on smaller, streetier things? Hops, manuals, barries, etc. Your trickbag's pretty big without them, so it's not like you need to change the way you ride or anything.

Awesome video, man!

patto_15

Wheel size expert
Yeah Benny, good job on the vid!! Put together really nicely ;)

Feel sorry for who ever has to pick out of all these videos..!

Bretty.

Likes Bikes and Dirt
That was really good Ben, but I agree with Smacks, needed more riding other than big bangers, and was too short! Good luck mate.

Ryan

Radministrator
I'm in 2 minds about this and I'm honestly not trying to be a dick here. On one hand, you're obviously a sick rider. On the other, you filled your spono edit with foam tricks, resi tricks, flyouts and crashes. The first 3 have absolutely no place in an edit you're trying to get sponsored off the back off in my opinion.

dhd

Downhill Direct
I thought it was pretty good. The crashes give the impression he's not afraid to put it down which is good. Though it is nice to see what you can do. As a business who does sponsor people I'd like to see a bit more personality shine through and lose the sunnies for at least some of the video so you can actually see who you are....I mean if I saw you at a skatepark and I'd seen this vid, I wouldn't recognise you.......Damn I feel like a judge on "So You think you can Dance" or something......
On the whole though, good work and good luck!

U.D.O

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I'm in 2 minds about this and I'm honestly not trying to be a dick here. On one hand, you're obviously a sick rider. On the other, you filled your spono edit with foam tricks, resi tricks, flyouts and crashes. The first 3 have absolutely no place in an edit you're trying to get sponsored off the back off in my opinion.
To answer most comments, we were short of footage, so some of the stuff there we'd love to replace but we were short of time so used what we had to fill the time slot and in the end it's leaving room for progression. Also there is no foam pit tricks in there.

PS. I edited the movie.

tommy-d

Likes Dirt
Hey enjoyed the big tricks but would of loved to see them done over something different to resi, like over jumps etc. As Ryan said most are resi tricks, but yeah other than that good luck bud. Nice little edit.

Ryan

Radministrator
To answer most comments, we were short of footage, so some of the stuff there we'd love to replace but we were short of time so used what we had to fill the time slot and in the end it's leaving room for progression. Also there is no foam pit tricks in there.

PS. I edited the movie.
Short on time for what though? What's so desperately important that he can't get them done legit?

rabatt

Likes Bikes and Dirt
crazy big tricks!

you look pretty loose tho (not that i can talk)

the dipped 3 over the spine was really smooth i think.

U.D.O

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Short on time for what though? What's so desperately important that he can't get them done legit?
Trying to make the deadline of today (Dartmoor sponsor comp, run by Sethius). Injury, location (closest decent skatepark is a 45 min train trip), commitments, lack of camera for a w/e, school (him yr 12, yr 11 me), shitty weather (seen in the couple flyout clips, 60km + winds), etc, etc.
What's not 'legit' about resi, if you can land and roll away of resi it's still landed is it not, how does the landing being slightly squishy not make it 'legit'? There isn't much difference between it and a soft dirt jump.

latchy

Likes Dirt
Good job ben, some gnarly stuff in there! Good luck

also anything landed ove rampfest resi is legit, that jumps scary to trick!

nickaus

Squid
yeah ben really nice video liked it a lot
good luck

dont see how you sound stoned in the intro...........???????

Likes Dirt
Foam??? one flyout and one crash.