Belair Multi-use trails & other stuff

Martin.au

Likes Dirt
They're up. They aren't very exciting from a technical viewpoint. However we now have access through the park to the northeast and southeast corners legally. From there it's just a short ride to Crafers and possibly, eagle quarry, when it becomes available.

Go here to see bigger pics
http://www.flickr.com/photos/56999492@N00/

Also, does anyone know if there's any trails to get from Sheoak Rd down to Brown Hill Creek road. There's a road boundary through there apparently, but I doubt the roads ever been constructed. It's possible it's just road reserve running through scrub. I haven't looked yet. You can see it in the Street Directory as an untrafficable road.

Last edited:

4heckssake

Likes Dirt
yeah it's great to see MTB is being accepted and provided for in national parks.
as for the link between Sheoak and Brownhil Creek, there is an existing walking trail the road reserve from the end of Pony Ridge Road (next to the pony club on sheoak) down to Brownhill Creek road.
It's pretty steep and not that sustainably designed (or rideable on the way up) but there are plans to do some improvements and formalise it for walking and MTB!! i think it just needs some $ to see it happen. another positive initiative from our friends at Mitcham Council.