Beechworth Ride Day 23 Sep 06

benmwatkins

Likes Dirt
big weekend

yes...... everyone has money just flowing out of thier ass for two events in one weekend and dont we all want to drive six hours for beechworth on saturday then four hours the next day for ballarat.

warm up, or empty wallet and fuel tank?

clubs go to shit loads of effort to put on races only to clash with other events. its no wonder there are low numbers.

Last edited:

samsty

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Im going to try and get too both of them. Depends on work though.. Ive only heard good things about both of these places...

stainless

Likes Bikes
I know it is a terrible situation where we have too many choices where and when to ride, however I will list a few considerations.

1. Not everyone wants to race. (Some just like riding bikes with mates and not having to shuttle)

2. Not everyone wants to drive 4-5 hrs for a race. (Or for anything for that matter)

3. Living on the border, we are within 5-6 hrs of pretty much all of the best riding in NSW/VIC and the ACT.

4. Our club also holds XC races and social rides quite regularly so our free time is limited. (A lot of guys and girls race both or at least help out with the other discipline)

5. This is a small social club event (20-30 people) mostly local guys and girls. (Although Rennie and Hill sent their apologies, Minnar still isn’t sure if he can make it)

6. Melbourne is not the centre of the known universe.

stainless

Likes Bikes
almost full

The ride day is nearly full, if you just rock up on the day and there are too many people then you may be turned away.

If you want to come just let me know so i can add you to the list.

Thanx