beautiful bikes - post them here

johnny

I'll tells ya!
Staff member
Yeah, the grip shifter is nowhere near as bad as everyone makes it out to be. I've ridden my mates Kapito and it was fine.
For me it's balanced out by the feel of the gearbox, which is sensational. But if the grip shift was regularly paired with a standard derailleur, it would likely lead to widespread murder of small furry animals and similar behaviour, IMO.

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
Always wanted one of these when I was younger.

Custom build by English Cycles.

408774444_18402111952059022_9021305985950584053_n.jpg

fatboyonabike

Captain oblivious
Always wanted one of these when I was younger.

Custom build by English Cycles.

View attachment 405141
looks like something from minecraft?

ozzybmx

looks like something from minecraft?
Suppose so but no minecraft back in 87, this design put Pace on the map but they broke easily. People waited for the inevitable cracks to appear on the RC100. They did a V2 (Rc200) and possibly a V3 (RC300) but they lost their welder at some stage and stopped building frames. They were obviously in 26" and rim brakes.

29" with discs :) and the retro RC100 decals looks awesome. Sliding dropouts and SS it or drop-bar into a gravel monster would be the best.

Hurtling down hill fully rigid was always going to end badly.

Jabubu

let you google that for me
I don't see Cannondale as the same way as a Trek, maybe because I always lusted after their massive down tube hardtails back in the 90s.

Scotty T

Walks the walk
I see Trek as a bike for everyone type brand like Canyon and Specialized - Rightly or wrongly, I still view Cannondale like I did in the 90s..
Trek is still owned by the founding Family, Specco 51% owned by the founder.

Pon (Cannondale) is a massive conglomerate that also owns Mongoose and appears to have got its start importing cars to Netherlands.

I guess the main difference is Trek and Specco never went broke.

bear the bear

Is a real bear

Pon (Cannondale) is a massive conglomerate that also owns Mongoose and appears to have got its start importing cars to Netherlands.

But out of the three, which has been the most interesting and innovative?

ozzybmx

They make awesome bikes and being sponsored by any of the two means you have made it.
They may do questionable things to protect their brands but probably why they are still in massive profit.
Trek Slash, bike of the year ;)

Jpez

Down on the left!
TREK.
moorebags said he’d never not ride 26”. 27.5 pfft. Guess what.
never ride 12speed. Guess what.
never go on strava. It’s only for low self esteem losers that yearn for internet points. Guess what.
Absolutely hates Trek with a vengeance. Wouldn’t be seen dead on one. Well guess what
recognise the oven?? :p

IMG_0463.jpeg

Jabubu

let you google that for me
TREK.
moorebags said he’d never not ride 26”. 27.5 pfft. Guess what.
never ride 12speed. Guess what.
never go on strava. It’s only for low self esteem losers that yearn for internet points. Guess what.
Absolutely hates Trek with a vengeance. Wouldn’t be seen dead on one. Well guess what
recognise the oven?? :p

View attachment 406087
I believe that's Quinn's bike - she's a sponsored rider now.