beautiful bikes - post them here

Sumgy

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Moots gear only looks good because it's way overpriced :p
Only if you pay too much.
My Moots was cheaper than a Tupperware Pinarello or Colnago.
Actually I would say it was cheaper than most of the alloy MTB's you and others have posted up.
Plus my Moots will last a lot longer and still look good at the same time when most of those bikes are past their used by date.

a.davis12

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Only if you pay too much.
My Moots was cheaper than a Tupperware Pinarello or Colnago.
Actually I would say it was cheaper than most of the alloy MTB's you and others have posted up.
Plus my Moots will last a lot longer and still look good at the same time when most of those bikes are past their used by date.
colnago is never tupperware.......unless its an arte or the other crappy one.
different league but.
Ti does crack.

my local bike store is going to get some of these new Cubes in.
i thought that they looked amazing and i would get one, the only problem is the same as always, the price tag!

Attachments

Last edited:

Sumgy

Likes Bikes and Dirt
colnago is never tupperware.......unless its an arte or the other crappy one.
different league but.
Ti does crack.
Think what you want, it is Tupperware.
It is just Italian built Tupperware vs Asian.

And I will be very surprised if my Moots cracks.
If it does, it has a lifetime warranty.

Justin Fox

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Sumgy - your Moots elitism is getting so boring around here. :rolleyes:

I've dreamed of owning a Colnago for years, since I was a kid. I'll never dream of owning a MOOTS.

You obviously think your Moots is the ultimate bike (you know you want to post a pic of it).

Personally:
- I don't like the way they look, so grey and boring (no pink bits don't make them look better).
- I hate how the brand name sounds (reminds me of MOOT JUICE)
- I am not a fan of their logotype. Boring!
- I think their parts are WAY overpriced.
- I don't think Ti is some sort of magic material, sorry.

Bodin

GMBC
Justin, you're actively baiting someone here and, with your track record for getting in to completely pointless shitfights (regardless of who starts them, you're always a willing participant), consider this a warning.

This is a long-standing thread that contains some great pics, interesting discussion and could potentially stick around for a long time. If your involvement turns it in to another flame war, I act accordingly.

Sumgy

Likes Bikes and Dirt

I've dreamed of owning a Colnago for years, since I was a kid. I'll never dream of owning a MOOTS.

You obviously think your Moots is the ultimate bike (you know you want to post a pic of it).

Personally:
- I don't like the way they look, so grey and boring (no pink bits don't make them look better).
- I hate how the brand name sounds (reminds me of MOOT JUICE)
- I am not a fan of their logotype. Boring!
- I think their parts are WAY overpriced.
- I don't think Ti is some sort of magic material, sorry.
Been there done that on the Colnago.
Think what you like, I could not care less.
Your taste in bikes is well and truly documented in this thread.
Interesting that you find the Moots boring and yet gushed like a little girl over your cheap Chinese titanium frame despite its less than attractive welds.
Strangely you got extremely defensive when others commented negatively about it and then you suddenly dropped it for the next latest, greatest bike that you then kept for barely enough time to even ride it around the block.

Seems that you think it is quite OK to assert your opinion on others but you certainly dont appreciate it when the shoe is on the other foot.

But from reading other threads, you seem to live a charmed life over here.

No Skid Marks

Blue Mountain Bikes Brooklyn/Lahar/Kowa/PO1NT Raci
Justin, you're actively baiting someone here and, with your track record for getting in to completely pointless shitfights (regardless of who starts them, you're always a willing participant), consider this a warning.

This is a long-standing thread that contains some great pics, interesting discussion and could potentially stick around for a long time. If your involvement turns it in to another flame war, I act accordingly.
I hope you don't mind me taking the bait. Delete my post if you do please.
Sumgy - your Moots elitism is getting so boring around here. :rolleyes:I find it inspirational, in a forum where most people are numbed by marketing BS.

I've dreamed of owning a Colnago for years, since I was a kid. I'll never dream of owning a MOOTS. To each their own. I find your statement an ignorant, and gross generalization. To want a bike because of it's brand I find silly, unless like Moots, the brand pretty much only does hi end ti stuff.

You obviously think your Moots is the ultimate bike (you know you want to post a pic of it). I'm going to check PYR. I want to see it.

Personally:
- I don't like the way they look, so grey and boring (no pink bits don't make them look better). Personally, I like grey and boring, especialy when it's Ti, why ad weight to a bike with pretty paint when it doesn't need it? Just to look fast? I'd rather have a drab bike myself. Loud bikes says a lot about their owners, and encourages manufacturers to waste money on marketing and looks, instead of development and design(performance).
- I hate how the brand name sounds (reminds me of MOOT JUICE)Wouldn't stop me buying one, and I'd pull off the stickers to make it even more dull.
- I am not a fan of their logotype. Boring!It is boring, but so fricken what.
- I think their parts are WAY overpriced.Possibly, but Ti aint cheap.
- I don't think Ti is some sort of magic material, sorry.Do you know anything about it? and have you had any experience with it?
Justin, do you not think this looks great(purely cosmetically)?

I'm not baiting Justin, I value his opinion, and would like him to respond. I'm sure he'll keep it sensible.

Last edited:

Sumgy

Likes Bikes and Dirt
It is not in Post Your Ride.
It is in this thread though.
Search this thread and you will find it.

I have 2other bikes that I reckon qualify as beautiful too but CBF posting them here.

'Ross

Eats Squid
I don't know where the pics of Sumgys bike collection are...but I can recall that they are awesome! Theres no point quarreling over subjective issues like colours and logos, comes down to personal taste...but whats wrong with quality manufacturers and quality components? And even more shocking...building up a bike for an intended purpose and actually riding it?

Post a pic of the Mamasita, it puts my Salsa to shame:(

Purt

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Your roadie is so sexy, only thing I'd change is taking off the Moots decals. Other than that :)

Above bike great, apart from the seat.........

Justin Fox

Likes Bikes and Dirt

Noted Bodin. I've contributed a lot of what I think are beautiful bikes in this thread. I'll keep a lid on it (even though I still don't totally agree with people hating on what other people find "beautiful" as it's obviously a personal thing, and saying that, it's obvious that people might get offended with others paying out on something "personal" to them).

Sumgy: Great that you've been there and done that with a Colnago but I've yet to and I'm not about to take your opinion of them as being shit bikes heavily. Owning a Colnago is my dream and I'll hopefully own one some day.

PS: You posted your pink Moots in my Ti thread in an attempt to bring my bike down, that shows what kind of person you are. I sure as hell don't post my bikes in other peoples post your rides threads.

No Skid Marks: I've got that Ti bike saved on my hard drive (not sure who owns it?). Not into the saddle, but it's different. It's definitely worthy of saving as I think it's gone all out, it's more art than function though (not that there's anything wrong with that). I'd love to know how much it weighs, or better yet, pick it up.

I didn't mean to flame on, but for fucks sake, what's the point of posting a bike you think is beautiful if it's only going to make you open to fire by some fuck who thinks it's shit?

tasty.dirt74

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I would have almost any bike in this thread.

The purpose of the thread is to show others what YOU think is beautiful.......

It is a fact of life that not everyone will agree with you. The way that you deal with this is a true reflection of your personality. Or you have no life and just want to piss everyone of who has a different opinion than yourself.

Give up on the petty , snide remarks and appreciate that everyone looks at things differently , whether its a dh bike or a fixie , or a 'b' cup or a 'd' ! :D

Sumgy

Likes Bikes and Dirt
PS: You posted your pink Moots in my Ti thread in an attempt to bring my bike down, that shows what kind of person you are. I sure as hell don't post my bikes in other peoples post your rides threads.
That was your interpretation of what was happening and when you got cranky I deleted my pics straight away.

Must be tough being an attention whore.

Sumgy

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Also Justin
You would be well served to find yourself a sense of humour.
If you did have one you might realise that some of the digs here are simple piss taking and not to be taken seriously. The person without a sense of humour will not see this and is the pisstakers favourite target.

You have been targeted before by others and the results have not been good for you.