Bashguard

adam

Likes Dirt
any one else want one? Ive also seen a plastics engineer today, i am looking at doing a small run of bashguards, they will cost a little more but the finish on them will be better than my handmade ones, and maybe engraved

if anyone wants one just P.M me, and ill get back to you/

Thanks
Adam

adam

Likes Dirt
im in if you can wait a couple of weeks?
yeah andrew, i can wait, in a couple of weeks ill also be looking at getting some done from a plastics machining place, so the finish will be higher, but the price might be a little more. But i can still hand make you one for the same low low price :D .

Adam

Gutty

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Hey Adam, good job you've done there. It's cool making your own stuff ey !?

If your gonna get some machined up by a pro(i'd assume he's a CNC machist) i can give you some CAD drawings that you can pass on to whoever is doing them for you. This might save you a little on setup costs.
Let me know.

perfor8r

Likes Dirt
That is sweeeeet!
What's the durability like? What sort of punishment can they handle with rocks and logs? I assume they are pretty resilient, but over time will the polycarbonate breakdown?
'Cause d'ems sure are purty! : )

Gutty

Likes Bikes and Dirt
This is the result of hitting it with a 2" diameter 2ft long solid steel bar pretty farkin hard. Bugger all. I checked my bike the other day and it has bent the BB spindle though. And it should last atleast a few years before it starts to break down. UV rays are what generally does the damage so if you use a UV stabalised Polycarbonate it would last for a farkin long time.

G

nice

Thats pretty strong
I love the look with the clear bashguard and the black cranks ring and chain guide? is that a truvativ guide?

Adi

It's my birthday!
Adam, I'm in... that is if you can put one on hold until June when I get a new bike.

P.S nice bashguards Gutty :shock:

adam

Likes Dirt
hey gutty, yeah, id love to see some of them CAD drawings, where did you get those done. I love making my own stuff, doesnt matter what it is, theres just that bit of satisfaction when you do it yourself.

Insane, yeah, no problem, i can wait.

Thanks
Adam

Gutty

Likes Bikes and Dirt
adam said:
hey gutty, yeah, id love to see some of them CAD drawings, where did you get those done. I love making my own stuff, doesnt matter what it is, theres just that bit of satisfaction when you do it yourself.

Insane, yeah, no problem, i can wait.

Thanks
Adam
PM your email address.

adam

Likes Dirt
damn you gutty, thats exactly how i wanted to make my chain guide, same shape pulleys and all. :D :D There goes my so called "original" idea. I dont think ive seen one on the maket the same. Its a nice guide.

Thanks
Adam