bars

komodorider

Likes Dirt
hey guys, i am after some good DH bars to put onto my hardtail. Hopefully when my finances are in good shape i will be able to buy a dually frame, and build it up, so all in all these frames need to be cheap for me to buy now but strong enough to last when i start progressing my riding. Just a nice easy question for you guys.

P.S I havnt done much reasearch, help would be appreciated.

peace

joshmilin69

Likes Dirt
yes fsa 800's are nice i have some if you want smaller fun (fatboy???) i think thats what they are called, are very nice

Jimass

Eats Squid
Funn Fatboy....

Personally I run Truvativ DH riser bars, I think there only 700mm wide but I'm like twelve..

prosheep

Likes Dirt
deity dirty 30's, sick as bars i just bought a set and they are soooooooo good 760mm wide, my mate has a set of sunline v1's and they just dont feel as good as the deitys

dh damo

Likes Dirt
If you ride with BIG bars smaller bars never feel better. but really i think fsa 800mm are a bit to big for a HT, dirty 30s or the sunline bars would be the go.

Steve-0

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Answer Protaper 2" are the best bars i have ever felt, i rate them up with CK gear. Although i haven't seen them for 2 years. Come in OS or standard clamp sizes, silver, black or gold and are very light.

Pebble

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Cheap enough to buy...

Truvativ Holzefeller
Funn Fatboy

particularly if you're looking at 2nd hand on the forum here.

I would make sure you get something with a minimum of 710mm wide, once you do you'll never go back to narrower ones.

Personally I haven't come across too many broken bar threads so any decent brand would give you the strength and longevity required.
Maybe consider ones that are made out of 2014Al which supposedly bends rather than snapping. Deity 2014's are the best I've had so far but with a 50mm rise not exactly ideal DH bars for everyone.

Alternatively Syncros have released a new (and longer) set - the FR2014 which come in low & mid rise, but I imagine they wouldn't be on the "cheap" sisde. There is also the FR31 (31" wide). For my next bars I'd probably look at those or Holzefellers or Deity and maybe Funn.

condog

Likes Dirt
ive heard that dirty 30's bend quite easily and when used with grips that use a grub screw to old them on it ovalises the end of the bars.
i have FSA 800's cut down to 770 and they feel prime.

komodorider

Likes Dirt
thanks

Hey thanks guys i went down to the local mtb shop today and he said to give the dirty 30's a go, all the help was appreciated.

peace