Bars

What bars should i use?

• Total voters

norco_nono

Likes Dirt
I was wondering what bars you all thought would be better for urban, DJ'ing trial riding.

Azonic world force:
Cold forged from a solid block of 2014 T-6 Alcoa® Super Duralumin alloy. Not extruded. Bead blast finish for increased strength and better grip adhesion. Full laser etched graphics. Width 26"

OR

Bontrager CrowBar XXX DH
Made from 4130 Cro-Moly steel with welded crossbar and offers superior strength for the rigors of pro downhill competition.
Unique grip section profile slopes slightly upward and back so actual rise is determined by hand position.
40-58mm rise depending on hand position.
Downhill specific bar.
25.4mm clamp for use with traditional ATB stem.

Rik

logged out
Whatever feels good to you. Sounds like a silly answer, but it's the only answer.
Steel bars are nice, but damn can they weigh a bit, my DMR wingbars come it at 700g or something stupid like that. Your uses conflict a little bit, do you intend on cutting the bars down nice and narrow for DJ/street use? If so, how "sharp" the rise is will affect your choice, IE, a bar that has a "shallow" rise doesn't have as much space to cut down as a bar with "sharp" rise. keep that in mind...

monkeymagic

Likes Bikes and Dirt
use the bontargers mike, your other ones are shit, well thats my oppinion, so if i am gonna be riding your bike use the bontragers,

nah what rik said is right though, have a burn with both sets and see which is best. youve ridden them both for a while now so which is better?

naz

Criminally Inane
imo i wouldnt touch either, azonics are chat, they snap bend melt...
easton bars, pro tapers would be my choice but thats me and im weird,
but ye spend a bit more and get better bars....
easton monkey lite DH carbons :)

Dirt Devil

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Carbon bars for street and DJ... are you insane?

One good scratch and you have to bin them. Unless you like the taste of carbon fibre :twisted: