Bargain buys thread

j0w1s

Likes Dirt
Do Pushy’s or MTB Direct ever have site wide sales anymore, or is that a thing of the past now we are on the other side of the pandemic?

Jabubu

let you google that for me
Do Pushy’s or MTB Direct ever have site wide sales anymore, or is that a thing of the past now we are on the other side of the pandemic?
I remember when MTB Direct had 30% off everything (SPRING30 code) back in Nov 2022. Good times. I haven't seen anything as good as that again.

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
It's just a cock tease if you don't link.
Ahhh, R2 bike. I have an order sitting there waiting on payment. Been working and need to check stock today.
I know there is something I needed and the old brain can't remember.
Usually I put a note in my phone but nothing :(

ozzybmx

It's just a cock tease if you don't link.
I had a bit of a BuBu dilemma, I'm running supersoft Argotrals but see BK and the like running Kryptotals at Maydena... I'm like ahhhh, do I need so much grip. Then thinking BK needs grip and speed, and he can find grip way better than I can, also I'm knocking off speed... I need grip.

Supersoft Argotals incoming. Everyone says don't run an Argotal as rear as it slows the bike down. At 25-35kph I'm good.

slimjim1

Fat boomers cloggin' ma leaderboard
Dirtworks are running a BOGO on Manitou R7 forks. The freebies are limited to 27.5 however, even if you buy a 29.

So in a few days I will have a brand new 27.5 Manitou R7 Pro fork for sale if anyone interested (will do a proper for sale post when arrives). Will be priced sharp.

Jabubu

let you google that for me
I had a bit of a BuBu dilemma, I'm running supersoft Argotrals but see BK and the like running Kryptotals at Maydena... I'm like ahhhh, do I need so much grip. Then thinking BK needs grip and speed, and he can find grip way better than I can, also I'm knocking off speed... I need grip.

Supersoft Argotals incoming. Everyone says don't run an Argotal as rear as it slows the bike down. At 25-35kph I'm good.
The fear is real!

People run Magic Mary front and rear so I don't see why you couldn't run an Argotal on the back too.

ozzybmx

The fear is real!

People run Magic Mary front and rear so I don't see why you couldn't run an Argotal on the back too.
Been running them back and front since July last year. Apart from the one that blew off the rim, they have been awesome. Very little wear on them too. Conti warranted that tyre and refunded me the money.

Was thinking about kryptotals for a while as they are more of a mixed terrain tyre, good for hardpack and rock as there is more surface contact and the Argotals are for loose. Then I seen the Kryptotals being rolled at Maydena and it caused a slight stall in my R2 order ;)

I've ordered the same as I have, 29 SS DH and 27.7 S DH.

Definitely the grippiest combo I have ever ridden but I don't know if I would be so keen rolling them on a normal bike.

Last edited:

rextheute

Likes Bikes and Dirt
COLOURED RACEFACE CHESTER PEDALS
Nylon composite pedals with sealed bearings and grip pins on both sides.
These pedals RRP for $100 and we are offering them for $50 for the next week!
Green, red, blue, purple, aqua and pink available!

cycle station albury farcebork offer

SummitFever

Eats Squid

cammas

Seamstress
Summit has big discounts on helmets (around 50%). Bought a couple of Bell super DH for $149 each. Free postage as well. https://www.summitcycles.bike/product-category/parts-and-accessories/helmets/?orderby=price
Thanks for the tip I ended up going there today and grabbed one of these, for $125 why not.