Bargain buys thread

Litenbror

Eats Squid
What length travel did you opt for?
Changing the air shaft is super easy, you just need to buy one and get it shipped. I ordered some and other spares so the US shipping was spread across the set. I've two Durolux forks and can't say a bad word about them. And they certainly won't creak on you like some.
Yeah I need to get a 140mm shaft for mine, Auron shafts are the same as the Durolux. Shipping is a killer but super easy to swap over

The Reverend

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Yeah I need to get a 140mm shaft for mine, Auron shafts are the same as the Durolux. Shipping is a killer but super easy to swap over
That's interesting, so one could run the Durolux at 140mm using the Auron shaft? Or does that pose problems as they state travel from 150mm to 170mm IIRC?

kten

understands stuff moorey doesn't
What length travel did you opt for?
Changing the air shaft is super easy, you just need to buy one and get it shipped. I ordered some and other spares so the US shipping was spread across the set. I've two Durolux forks and can't say a bad word about them. And they certainly won't creak on you like some.
Opted for 170 travel. I’ve just emailed them about adding a 160 air shaft.
@Litenbror do you want me to ask for a 140 for you and get it all together? I didn’t see this until after I had sent the email..

Litenbror

Eats Squid
@Litenbror do you want me to ask for a 140 for you and get it all together? I didn’t see this until after I had sent the email..
@kten if you could that would be great. PM if they can do it and I'll send you the money. I've got the 160mm so would be happy to send you that.

The Reverend

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I made the same mistake myself and ended up with a 180mm monster. Still felt great though! Sanity prevailed and I dropped it down to something more reasonable.

Hope you enjoy the fork. When you first get them, drop the lowers and regrease the felt wipers. They don't use much oil so it's a super easy job.

yuley95

soft-arse Yuley is on the lifts again
Substantial A2C measurements on the Durolux...oh well, too late now!
I’ve got the older version with the coil negative and it’s a very good fork. Can’t give feedback on the EQ but I hear it’s good.

I don’t find the extra 10mm ATC to affect me at all and travel can be adjusted easily if need be (actually, not sure that’s true if the EQ)

shiny

Go-go-gadget-wrist-thingy
I did look at them as they get decent reviews but they only go to 160 for the 29er and I need something that can stretch to 170 for my other bike.
Formula did a quiet update late last year and released an extended version of the 29 chassis that allows 160 or 170 travel.

The standard version allows 140-160.

The Reverend

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I’ve got the older version with the coil negative and it’s a very good fork. Can’t give feedback on the EQ but I hear it’s good.

I don’t find the extra 10mm ATC to affect me at all and travel can be adjusted easily if need be (actually, not sure that’s true if the EQ)
Did you ever play with different weight negative springs? They were offered / available.

moorey

call me Mia
I know it's not a bargain from the likes of CRC of old, but a 58% discount is nothing to sneeze at:

Looks like you can get a black front hub but only blue rear hub available.
Fantastic buying if you can live with blue hubs. $589 posted.