Bargain buys thread

Isaakk

Likes Bikes and Dirt
PNW Loam droppers now up on MTB Direct, chuck something else small in to bump over $300 and get a $60 discount, seems pretty good to me.

Alexxx

Likes Dirt
PNW Loam droppers now up on MTB Direct, chuck something else small in to bump over $300 and get a $60 discount, seems pretty good to me.

I ordered one from the US last month during Black Friday sales, ended up being $325 AUD with a dropper lever, wheel bearings, and shipping.
Hopefully it ends up being a reliable dropper post.

yuley95

soft-arse Yuley is on the lifts again
I ordered one from the US last month during Black Friday sales, ended up being $325 AUD with a dropper lever, wheel bearings, and shipping.
Hopefully it ends up being a reliable dropper post.
I've got the previous generation Bachelor and it's been great for over a year now with no play or degradation in smoothness

moorey

call me Mia

I'd try one out, but the claim they work with 'most other levers' is just BS given they clamp at the lever, not the post. I have the shennagigans of not providing a lever. It reeks of acknowledging it's shite, and you'll use someone elses anyway. Yes, i realise its cheaper to buy without a lever....but still....

Isaakk

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I'd try one out, but the claim they work with 'most other levers' is just BS given they clamp at the lever, not the post. I have the shennagigans of not providing a lever. It reeks of acknowledging it's shite, and you'll use someone elses anyway. Yes, i realise its cheaper to buy without a lever....but still....
The PNW Loam lever is one of the best regarded levers around, unless i'm missing something? Most other more popular levers do seem to clamp at the lever end too - Wolf Tooth, Shimano, Fox, OneUp, BikeYoke Triggy, ZTTO (if you count them) etc - so I can't really complain about that. Seems to only be KS that haven't adopted it.

Either way, I don't see an issue with giving people choice & not forcing them to buy another lever they don't need - there's a good chance they already have another they like/prefer anyway.

moorey

call me Mia
I have KS, xfusion, Trans/brandX. They all clamp at post. KS would be the biggest selling cable remote by far, I’d wager....and predate all those.