Bar Spins

FUS30N

Likes Bikes
This has been bugging me for awhile!, I have been watching a few You Tube clips of DJ's, I was wondering how they bar spins with brakes? is there a giro or what?

Thanks

Tyler!

Likes Bikes and Dirt
ypu don't need a gyro to do them...

just a cable that can spin around at least once without getting to tight, stopping mid rotation causing you death...

:)

patto_15

Wheel size expert
Front brakes through the steerer, rear brake cable long enough to do at least one rotation or two, as well as the gear cable (if there is one...)

ISAAC

Likes Bikes
Yeah. You can also get different Length cords for your brakes and gears so if yours isnt long enough you could always just replace it with a new longer one :)

master@dh

Likes Dirt
if your running cable brakes get linier outer cables coz they still give maximum braking power when the cable is wraped around :D

Derka Derka

Likes Dirt
barspins

yup i use the front brake through the Headset and the back & gears longer.

Started using this on the Reign when i was learning and then on the STP.

You can get a bolt with a hole for the headset for around $35 bucks. The only issue is that if you need to retighten the bolt you have to bleed the front. Although there are better bolts that can be tightened from the outside without doing this.

The photos should give you the idea. Sorry abouyt the quality thats all i have. Dont worry about the snake they are optional

Attachments

Mr_hANky

Likes Bikes and Dirt
or you could get a hydrolic gyro if you really wanted to be ultra trick.

Although i would prob steer the other way as they have a massive stack height and are expensive. Well more expensive then just getting a longer hose

i like dirt

Likes Bikes and Dirt
well downside of hydraulic brakes are that the levers aren't very hand friendly when you miss the grip and grab the lever. I've shredded my hand many a times doing this. Just go a good mechanical brake like a BB5 with an Odyssey Linear Slic cable and a BMX brake lever like a Odyssey Monolever or Colony Transformer. Set it up right the first time and never touch it again. Much cheaper to replace broken parts over hydraulic ones too. $70 Hose sounds good to me :p or a $15 cable.