Banshee Spitfire changing chips

JASER

Likes Dirt
Hey guys

Got my spitfire in neutral chip setting.

She rides sweet and pedals along nice indeed.
Fast
Just need to pedal a bit harder uphill then my Xc bike but I don't care.

Going to throw in the slackest chips and see how she fairs.

What's your experiences with the chips and the feel of the bike at different settings?

Pointing up/Down and steering and pedalling.

Cheers

J

JTmofo

XC Enthusiast
Takes 30 seconds to do.... try it and see!
I ran mine in all 3 setting at one stage or another .. i noticed a difference.

JASER

Likes Dirt
Takes 30 seconds to do.... try it and see!
I ran mine in all 3 setting at one stage or another .. i noticed a difference.

Yeah have flipped them around in garage, too easy!

Just after feedback on what people are running and if they personally feel much difference.

JTmofo

XC Enthusiast
I preferred the neutral setting for general trail riding duties, slack for more technical riding.

moorey

call me Mia
Neutral preferred also....but running 27.5 dropouts with 26 wheels. Slack chip had bb too low, and had too many pedal strikes

Ezkaton

Eats Squid
Running slack on 27.5, feels perfect to me for the most part.
Don't think I've had a pedal strike yet.

Steering could be a little tighter for switchbacks on climbs and tight berms (like the top of Hug at Lysterfield), but if you just wanna have fun and aren't being competitive... I suppose it doesn't really matter.

JASER

Likes Dirt

Steering could be a little tighter for switchbacks on climbs and tight berms (like the top of Hug at Lysterfield), but if you just wanna have fun and aren't being competitive... I suppose it doesn't really matter.
Sweet
Changed to low chips and will try Lysty out tomorrow.

Fun+ Competitive = More fun.

JASER

Likes Dirt
Well took it for a spin around my local yesterday and I'm not usually a jump guy.

Don't get me wrong I use to like the odd jump on a suoermoto bike but since one thing or another jumping was off my list of should do's

Well I plucked up the courage and did a double jump I have never plucked the courage up too do.

It's massive to me, but it's a small double In reality.

I turned round and did it again to make sure.

So this bike has give me so much confidence of feeling stable when jumping.

So the chips are staying low for a little while yet.

ForkinGreat

Knows his Brassica oleracea
Well took it for a spin around my local yesterday and I'm not usually a jump guy.

Don't get me wrong I use to like the odd jump on a suoermoto bike but since one thing or another jumping was off my list of should do's

Well I plucked up the courage and did a double jump I have never plucked the courage up too do.

Good to hear that you are digging the Banshee mate :)

I rode Lysty yesterday, down Hug/blair witch & Up Lower Buckle. Heading down lower buckle could be fun as there are a bunch of small jumps/drops over fallen trees. dirt seems to be starting to dry out again but ok. Hug corners are getting a bit rutted out and bumpy in the braking areas, but the spitfire should eat those up no problem.

teK--

Eats Squid

Those switchbacks on hug have become more difficult to ride (without skidding and ripping the trail up) each time I have bought a longer/slacker bike. Most other parts of the trail network have become more fun though :D

Ezkaton

Eats Squid

Only decent sized double I can think of at Lysterfield is the one before the berms toward the end of Aneurysm?
I did that for the first time the other day. Second time I've been back there since my accident. Spitty is a nice jumper. :)

Those switchbacks on hug have become more difficult to ride (without skidding and ripping the trail up) each time I have bought a longer/slacker bike. Most other parts of the trail network have become more fun though :D
Yup, I can see that. Everywhere else is way more fun, but those tight ones on Hug have definitely become slower haha.

JASER

Likes Dirt
Only decent sized double I can think of at Lysterfield is the one before the berms toward the end of Aneurysm?
I did that for the first time the other day. Second time I've been back there since my accident. Spitty is a nice jumper. :)

Yup, I can see that. Everywhere else is way more fun, but those tight ones on Hug have definitely become slower haha.

It's the 1st of the 2 doubles.

Landed back wheel half way on the down ramp and was so happy.

The last double i would like to do 1 day.
It has a little drop off approaching it.
Then you have to straighten bike up and get a pedal in before take off.
My Homies do it no worries, but i need to find some more confidence and just launch it i guess.

Ezkaton

Eats Squid
Here's my (crappy) vid from the other day.

[video=youtube;WS5bsOYgTYM]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WS5bsOYgTYM[/video]

Cleared the first one easy, second one *just* cased it, but, first time and all... next time I know to throw in a pedal or two and pump more/better on the takeoff. :)

The Reverend

Likes Bikes and Dirt

Cleared the first one easy, second one *just* cased it, but, first time and all... next time I know to throw in a pedal or two and pump more/better on the takeoff. :)
Nice little video fella. :^)
There's a lovely little jump there with the log in it that kicks you up a touch and you went for the line to the left of it which used to be really rough. How'd the Spitty handle that?
And the first 3 drop offs look super smooth on your video, suspension looks to just eat it up!!

Hope that your wrist is good and that support is helping.

The Reverend

Likes Bikes and Dirt
It's the 1st of the 2 doubles.

Landed back wheel half way on the down ramp and was so happy.

The last double i would like to do 1 day.
It has a little drop off approaching it.
Then you have to straighten bike up and get a pedal in before take off.
My Homies do it no worries, but i need to find some more confidence and just launch it i guess.
Mate, you've come on loads in the last week alone with this rig. The second one will come easy when you're ready. :^)

JASER

Likes Dirt
Mate, you've come on loads in the last week alone with this rig. The second one will come easy when you're ready. :^)
Loving some Bounce in my life Brother.

Nice little vid dude, good work.

Like The Rev said that line you took on the left of the log is a bitch.

If you take the left trail before that and then you can line up the log kicker/jump on the right hand side.

Rev loves that jump ;-)

teK--

Eats Squid
There's a lovely little jump there with the log in it that kicks you up a touch and you went for the line to the left of it which used to be really rough. How'd the Spitty handle that?
And the first 3 drop offs look super smooth on your video, suspension looks to just eat it up!!

Yeah that log although it has unnecessary kick used to be the faster line, but now that the B line has smoothed out a bit it is much faster to pedal like hell through that part.

teK--

Eats Squid

Nice vid! aneurysm and follow me prob only the few worthwhile places to turn on a camera at lystie.

I love starting at the top of granite link, and then if the fireroad is clear, connect straight onto the second half of aneurysm at full speed. it saves a lot of the pedalling that normally bogs you down on the normal run.

Ezkaton

Eats Squid

The left line seemed to be fine, I didn't notice it being rough at all.
I only went for it 'cause I wasn't looking ahead and suddenly there was a fork in front of me, haha.

The three drops at the start were pretty smooth, yeah. I kinda just glided down them!
CCDB Air + Mattoc Pro is a pretty sweet suspension combo.

Wrist is about 90% now, nearly 14 months after the break... still regaining the full range of motion. Wrist support helps a LOT.
Hopefully soon I'll be able to ride without it again. :)

Nice vid! aneurysm and follow me prob only the few worthwhile places to turn on a camera at lystie.

I love starting at the top of granite link, and then if the fireroad is clear, connect straight onto the second half of aneurysm at full speed. it saves a lot of the pedalling that normally bogs you down on the normal run.
Yeah I didn't do a Follow Me run that day, I couldn't be bothered coming back up the fire road... probably grab a recording next time I'm out there.
I'm yet to try Granite Link. Never had the guts to do it before, but I've done a lot of DH riding this year, so pretty much everything at Lysterfield looks small now. :rofl:

Last edited:

JASER

Likes Dirt

Disagree on that a tad.

If you're riding with 5 guys every time you ride virtually wheel to wheel then a lot of the trail are super fun and worth a vid.

Ie
Hug all the way from toilet block to pump tract is 6 minutes of shits and giggles if pedalled hard.

Boys farm all the way down (including the top jumps(i learnt to do the very last one of them too the other night) is a dam good laugh if following each other.

Now one of my favourites in Middle, start from the top and roll in, now thats a good laugh!

Have you been over too Wellington road and done Gully? And the secrets trails?

oppsssss said way too much.

It all depends of the company you are with i guess wether it's a laugh or not.