Banshee Amp Custom

allan.taylor64

Likes Dirt
Nah man not at all, So far From what I can remember is up to around 2000 give or take... I'm not 100% but its around that....
That's very reasonable! Especially considering the high level of spec. Apart from the second hand frame was everything else new? Such a nice bike

mlucko

Likes Dirt
That's very reasonable! Especially considering the high level of spec. Apart from the second hand frame was everything else new? Such a nice bike
You could basically call the frame new, The bloke I bought it off bought it new and NEVER built it up, It came to my house still in its original wrapping.

The only parts on the bike that arent new are: the stem, brake, seatpost and cranks, everything else was bought new either from my LBS or overseas...
The wheels I got from CRC cos a mate at the local couldn't get anywhere near the price I got them for, and the fork, pedals and bars also came from there for the same reason

Everything else was LBS bought..

With the exception of Rick from fearless who helped me out with all the Dartmoor parts..
Rick is a Boss! Thanks Mate!!

My total cost is probably closer to 2200 but I stopped counting long ago...
I built it up just using parts that I wanted rather than for weight (I'm not a weight weenie) so I'm just lucky that she come in under 11 kegs...

My bike spends time on the trails, not the scales...

Hope this helps...

Anymore suggestions or questions just ask away.... I don't bite

Cheers
Matt :)

Last edited:

mlucko

Likes Dirt
So...
I've bought a few new bits and pieces for my bike.
And I'm really happy with the way it is now, I just need a Few more bits to top it off..
Please feel free to comment or ask questions :)

Frame - Banshee Amp
Front fork -2012 Rockshox Argyle RCT Lowered to 80mm
Handlebars - Dartmoor Nitro 780mm(Uncut)
Stem - Sunline V one
Headset - Dunno, its rubbish but...
Grips - ODI TLD Edition
Saddle - Deity Rally I beam
Seatpost - SDG I beam
Rotor - Jet Black superlight 160mm
Cranks - Shimano Saint m810 175mm
Sprocket - Raceface Single 32t
Chain - Dartmoor Core Lite
Pedals - Da Bomb Bare Bones
Cassette - 13t SS kit (Not sure what it is)
Front hub - Hope Pro 2 Evo
Rear hub - Hope Pro 2 Evo SS
Front rim - Mavic 721
Rear rim - Mavic 721
Spokes - DT Swiss champions
Nipples - DT Swiss Pro loc
Tyres - DMR Supermoto Foldable Tanwalls
Tubes - NOT FREAKING WEIGHT WEENIE TUBES COS PUNCTURES SUCK ARSE!!!
Total weight - 10.7kg

Attachments

Last edited:

mlucko

Likes Dirt
This looks mint, I nearly brought one of these but couldn't find one cheap enough :(
Thanks mate! I really appreciate it!!

I'm really happy with it now, I'm just looking for a brake to put on and maybe a new set of bars, something with a bit more rise..

If you ever get the opportunity to buy one, do it.. They're not cheap but they ride amazing. :)
Have you ever ridden one?