Balance Bikes...

Dangals

Likes Dirt
Another vote for the Cruzee - my 2-year-old boy has one and loves it. Super light and as others said the seat can be slammed right down so plenty of room to grow with it

Oddjob

Merry fucking Xmas to you assholes
We just got a cheapie from Cyclingdeal and it was great. Lasted great and is now onto it's 3rd or fourth user.

Sent from my M2012K11AG using Tapatalk

black rider

Likes Dirt
Where are you located? If you're happy with giving used for a birthday present, I reckon I may have a First Bike you can have. If I can find them, it has the lowering kit for the dropouts. Need to check with the kids though...

PJO

in me vL comy
I'll add my name to the Cruzee recommenders list.
Being so light was a great advantage for my young fellas, meant they could pick it up and handle it really easily.
The only thing I didn't really like was the plastic bushings for a headset, not that it was ever an issue, just looked like a weak point.

Chriso_29er

Likes Bikes and Dirt
My kids both used the Cruzee and it is a great bike as it's so much lighter than a lot of the other options out there. Again got the bike at 18 months and just let them decide when they wanted to jump on.
Only mistake I made was number two kid never had a bike or trike with pedals on it. He could coast on the balance bike easily but had not been used to the feeling of pedalling so ended up needing stabilisers to get the feeling of using the pedals. Where his older sister used to cruise around the house with a little pedal trike and just went straight onto riding a bike when it was time.
My youngest was the same. Got to the stage balance was no issue but I had to put on training wheels so he could learn to pedal. A week of that then the training wheels came off again.

dazz

Downhill Dazz
Cruzee's look good, but are double the price of the Little Nation for, as far as I can tell, exactly the same weight and spec.

Reactions: PJO

Lazmo

Old and hopeless
Thanks for all the responses...

Just rang the new to us LBS, and they have a Norco Runner on sale for roughly half price at $129... apparently very light, ultra low standover, but does have 10" pneumatic tyres, and in Red which is cool. Is 10" wheels a show stopper? Anyway, still looking.

cammas

Seamstress

Just rang the new to us LBS, and they have a Norco Runner on sale for roughly half price at $129... apparently very light, ultra low standover, but does have 10" pneumatic tyres, and in Red which is cool. Is 10" wheels a show stopper? Anyway, still looking.
Red is faster but tends to lead to anger issues

Cardy George

Piercing rural members since 1981

Wouldn't think 10" would be a problem, reckon the one we had was around that size. For us pneumatic tire would be a no deal as three corner jack is freaking everywhere around here.

Lazmo

Old and hopeless
Ask @moorey, pretty sure he still runs this size wheel.
Yeah funny that… after I asked the question, I immediately thought of 26/27.5/29 and weirdly also Moorey too. Where the fjck is he? Has he decamped or been Zaffed or something. Every second post had him on it, now it’s like hen’s teeth.

Dales Cannon

lightbrain about 4pm
Staff member
Yeah funny that… after I asked the question, I immediately thought of 26/27.5/29 and weirdly also Moorey too. Where the fjck is he? Has he decamped or been Zaffed or something. Every second post had him on it, now it’s like hen’s teeth.
He bought a 36er and is keeping quiet.

Elbo

pesky scooter kids git off ma lawn
We just bought our almost 2yo a Cruzee for his birthday coming up. He has something called a Flip Bike (scooter wheels and folds in half with some press buttons) but hasn't shown much interest in it yet. He just wants to turn it over and 'work' on the wheels with an allen key.

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
After clicking on the link above a few days back, this arrived in my inbox today. 1 click and I'm being hunted down.

When I click on it, they still look full price but I'm sure anyone looking one would be able to show Pushys the email.

fhdgfhgsdg.jpg

Jpez

Down on the left!
After clicking on the link above a few days back, this arrived in my inbox today. 1 click and I'm being hunted down.

When I click on it, they still look full price but I'm sure anyone looking one would be able to show Pushys the email.

View attachment 394007
You just can’t escape it. When I was in hospital I was chatting to my neighbor in the next bed, a lovely 60 something lady, of course telling her how it happened. Within hours she was getting ads for MTB stuff on her phone and she knows no one that’s has a mtb and no reason to get the ads except from what her phone overheard from our chat.

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
Targeted advertising using location tracking of mobile phones.

You were browsing MTB stuff, next thing she is getting targeted too :rolleyes:

Did she buy you anything nice :)