Avid Elixr CR's HELP

brycethebomb

Likes Dirt
Hi all,

Okay this is probably a really stupid question. but just recently i took out my brake pads to have a look, theres not much left.. and i left them for a bit, put them back in, and they rub. A lot. but at the same time, i pull the lever and they barely work. i have no idea how this works.. is it a bike shop job? or just time for new brakes?

Hope i made sense.
Thanks

allan.taylor64

Likes Dirt
Could they be contaminated? Mine are and i have hardly any power. maybe time for a bleed if they're not contaminated. Even if you have no idea on how they ae contaminated dont rule it out, no idea how mine are but they are :L

bjmtb

Likes Dirt
It happens any time you remove the pads, either take the wheels off and widened them say a flathead screwdriver, alternatively let them re bed in and use them. either that or its time for new pads!

brycethebomb

Likes Dirt
Could they be contaminated? Mine are and i have hardly any power. maybe time for a bleed if they're not contaminated. Even if you have no idea on how they ae contaminated dont rule it out, no idea how mine are but they are :L
how can i find out if they are contaminated?

It happens any time you remove the pads, either take the wheels off and widened them say a flathead screwdriver, alternatively let them re bed in and use them. either that or its time for new pads!
yeah ive pushed them out again. but then i have even less power. but they still rub on the disks!?

bjmtb

Likes Dirt
wait it out. They just need re bedding in, thats why i'd suggest not taking them out in future unless they need replacing