avid elixir conversions

MacNamara22

Likes Dirt
hey guys
i have got the new avid elixir r brakes, unlike the cr version they do not have an adjustable hose conection but i have seen many people who have made that conversion, i was just wandering how do do cuz i realy want to, do you need to buy a side that will be conbatable for it or are they able to do it already. if anyone could give me some help with this that would be great

cheers nick

sealpup

Likes Dirt
elixir "r" brakes

i feel your pain ,i bought a set of said elixirs from the states on arrival checked to find that the modal that i had been sent didnt have the adjustable banjo as the cr does,checked on the website and they state that units made prior to dec 08 have a fixed line and units made after that date came out with adjustable lines.man i was pissed as how can these manufacturers sell shit saying its 09 stock/design and has on closer inspection were made in july 08 wtf!!,anyway good luck and if you can do it let us know other than that man these are good brakes i cant fault their performance at all,best ever.:):)

MacNamara22

Likes Dirt
so if i send them to avid ill they be able to fix them up for me possible i may have to pay or will they make me buy a new set or something

sealpup

Likes Dirt
elixir "r" brakes

i emailed em and have had no response ,my other issue i had with the set i got was that the cable lengths were so wrong front is miles to long and the rear cant be routed in the normal way,i have a cannondale moto 4 large,as said if you have any more luck than me getting a response please drop me a line