Avantiplus Preston (Vic) Fire

kwikee

Likes Dirt
Anyone who is interested, Rays Avantiplus in High St, Preston had a serious fire on their premises this morning, apparently discovered about 5am. Looks like it was contained fairly well but no idea of the damage internally. Lots of smoke and the MFB snorkel truck there pumping water. News report is calling it a suspicious fire.
I'd been planning on dropping into Rays for the last few days to grab one of their absolute bargain Avanti frames for a build for the wife.
Haven't had time the last few days and was going today, and while driving to work at 6 this morning, heard that High St Preston was closed near Murray Rd due to a fire at a bike shop. Bummer and hope their insurance covers everything and they are back on their feet again soon.

Calvin27

Eats Squid
Aside from their really cheap frames, the guys there are really good blokes. Hope they get back on their feet asap!

JTmofo

XC Enthusiast
Seen this in the news this morning. Don't know the shop personally, but it's a rough situation to deal with. It was reported that there was an employee sleeping in the back room? What's that all about?

kwikee

Likes Dirt
Had a quick look while going past that way today, and things look pretty bad. Absolute mess inside, you can see a bit through the front door and there is definitely some devastating damage in some parts, not so bad in others.
What a shit way to start the year for the owners.

scblack

Leucocholic
That's terrible news. I bought one of the cheap Avanti frames off them, and they could not have been nicer guys with great service.

Hope they were insured and get back on feet quick.

pistonbroke

Eats Squid
I've always had great service in there. They seem like career bike people that really know their stuff. Which is refreshing after visiting most of the shops that hire either wanna-be racer know-it-all's or kids who can't be arsed doing anything to help you.
Really hoping they get back on their feet as I live just down the road.

camsterw

Cannon Fodder
Back up and running

Trading out of 255 Plenty Road as we speak. Pop in and say hi. They'd love some support.

Cam