Aus Worlds Team

Scott

bAdmin
Staff member
Slightly old news, but worth listing anway.

DH Elite Men
Nathan Rennie
Sam Hill
Jared Rando
Jared Graves
Joel Panozzo
Justin Havukainen
Bryn Atkinson

4X
Michael Robinson
Mick Hannah
Nathan Rennie
Jared Graves
Bryn Atkinson
Sam Hill
Wade Bootes

DH U19
Amiel Cavalier
Tylah Breese
Michael Kearton
Liam Panozzo
Brock Newling
Jarl Jensen
Christopher Panozzo

Full team listing here.

Scott

bAdmin
Staff member
Stolen from MTBA's website:

World Champ Teams Announced
Posted: August 17, 2004
The National XC and DH teams for this year's UCI World Championships have been announced:

XC Teams

XC U23 Men

Trent Lowe (VIC)

XC Elite Men

Sid Taberlay (TAS)
Josh Fleming (NSW)
Chris Jongewaard (SA)
Perren Delacour (NSW)

XC Elite Women

Lisa Mathison (QLD)
Niki Gudex (NSW)

Trials Elite Men 26"

Andrew Dickie (VIC)

XC Junior Men

Sean Lewis (SA)
Alistair Farley (VIC)
Justin Case (NSW)
Joel Healy (VIC)
Lachlan Norris (VIC)
Andrew Wade (WA)
Josh Keep (QLD)

XC Junior Women

Erica Oldfield (QLD)

DH Teams

DH Elite Men

Nathan Rennie
Sam Hill
Jared Rando
Jared Graves
Joel Panozzo
Justin Havukainen
Bryn Atkinson

4X

Michael Robinson
Mick Hannah
Nathan Rennie
Jared Graves
Bryn Atkinson
Sam Hill
Wade Bootes
*No women were selected

DH U19

Amiel Cavalier
Tylah Breese
Michael Kearton
Liam Panozzo
Brock Newling
Jarl Jensen
Christopher Panozzo

DH Reserves

Jarah Breese
Ayden Eves

Congratulations to all these outstanding Australian athletes and all at MTBA and Australia wishes you good racing.

DOM

Eats Squid
he might be injured still ??

and also .... they pick the team depending on the performance that year ..... unfortunately when your sick you dont get a chance to perform so the selectors beleive it's fair to choose those riders who are in form .. or have proven results during the year.

the team is pretty damm farkin solid.

DOM

Eats Squid
Tracey is a little young for the worlds still i think ???? dont hold me to the rules ... but I think you have to be 16 or more ?? shes only 15 ?

Be good to see her do the Jr worlds .. shell clean it for sure

Jebus

Pro Rider
jarah isnt taking liams spot, ayden and jarah are the reserves, and based on their performance in the next few races, the best one will be racing depending on their results. Yes tracy is too young, its 16 and up bit unlucky, but she will mop the floor with them

Daver

Kung Fu Panda
thanks Dom, but i thought given he was selected in the 4x team then he'd be given a spot for DH too... it must be a tough time for the Aussies, because there are another 10 or so guys competing O/S... It sucks beeing such a good country in terms of performance :roll:

DOM

Eats Squid
Yeah thats exactly it dude ... who do you exclude from the team to include Mick after not racing all season ??

We all know and Love Mick .. a true humble and hes probably one of the nicest guys on the planet from every report ive read .. But I bet you even hes on the same line of thinking ... the guys choosen have been proving themselves all year and punching out solid results .. I cannot fault any of the Dhers in the team .. they have all pulled solid results and are of worthy selection.

4X however .. is probably less to choose from and the spot was there.

Could be dangerous having Mick dedicate himself to 1 event at the Worlds ... watch out 4xers

MrCove

South Shore Distribution
sheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet!

you Aussies are going to DOMINATE the Worlds

it's a pity Peaty won't be on top form 'cos of injury

Hellie

Likes Bikes
Tracey is 16. You have to 17 to race the worlds. The UCI don't officially recognise any points she gets as she is too young. Mick doesn't want anyone to make room for him on the DH team due to him not racing the season. He will be at Durango this weekend. :lol:

vulture

Likes Bikes
why do the junior men get to race worlds when they are 16 but not junior women? eg amiel and liam last year

DOM

Eats Squid
Spoke to a mate last night who chills with Mick .. and he said that hes pretty bummed about not racing the DH .. but understands the decision and has full support for the team selected.

Hes apparently been trainning like a nutcase as usually .. and is going to go hard at Durango .. and the 4X at the worlds hopefully ;)

Thanks Hellie for the updates aswell

gun_rox

Cannon Fodder
Results and stuff

Umm hi, I have nooooooooo idea bout all this bike stuff, i'm a mate of tylah breese and i was wonderin if theres ne way to find out how he's goin in the comps and stuff, thanks :D

cooper

Likes Dirt
So what about Mungus for the junior worlds reserve spot, is he still in wityh a chance? He did beat Jara at the Maxxis Cup, or does that have no bearing

go Aussies!

Jebus

Pro Rider
seeing hugh isnt a reserve he doesnt, ayden and jarah are the reserves, and jarah is now in the team (from his mouth) but his bike was wrecked by falling off the chair lift, so he is riding Sam Hills bike from last year or sumthing.

curtisrider

Eats Squid
Re: Results and stuff

Yeah tim his bike fell off and got totally smashed so he got the new ironhorse frame.

gun_rox said:
Umm hi, I have nooooooooo idea bout all this bike stuff, i'm a mate of tylah breese and i was wonderin if theres ne way to find out how he's goin in the comps and stuff, thanks :D
maybe you should try ringing him if your mates with him, oh your damos mate arnt you?