Attaching new seatclamp with a reverb stealth

shhhteve

Likes Dirt
just had a slight panic...

have shouted myself a brand new seatclamp and i have a reverb stealth already installed... am i able to swap them over??

my only thought would be a get a screw driver and try to open the gap up more to them slide the hose in
but dont really want to scratch the new seat clamp

anyone done this before? an easier way without re-bleeding the whole system?

swaz

Likes Bikes and Dirt
just had a slight panic...

have shouted myself a brand new seatclamp and i have a reverb stealth already installed... am i able to swap them over??

my only thought would be a get a screw driver and try to open the gap up more to them slide the hose in
but dont really want to scratch the new seat clamp

anyone done this before? an easier way without re-bleeding the whole system?
What seat clamp is it? I don't see why you couldn't wrap a large flat head screw driver in tape and pry it open 1-2mm more to fit the hose through it. Also, don't the reverbs have some thingimijig where you can remove the hose without having to re-bleed?
This is one of the reasons I bought a KS Lev

shhhteve

Likes Dirt
What seat clamp is it? I don't see why you couldn't wrap a large flat head screw driver in tape and pry it open 1-2mm more to fit the hose through it. Also, don't the reverbs have some thingimijig where you can remove the hose without having to re-bleed?
This is one of the reasons I bought a KS Lev
a hope boltup seatclamp....

yer im not sure about removing the hose without re-bleeding it...

worst case i will just use a screw driver and hopefully not pinch the hose to badly on the clamp...
as im guessing you would open it up... slide the hose it a little... then take the screwdriver out to reposition it... to push through the rest

shhhteve

Likes Dirt
yep one of those....

the problem is... i dont have a bleed kit as i bought the reverb 2nd hand
and to take it to a shop to re-bleed is going to cost me $20.... ( i know this because i had it fitted and bled last weekend )

so i dont want to pay money to do again....
so i will try to slip it over using a padded screw driver and if that doesnt work then i will get it re-bled..

teK--

Eats Squid
Just pry the clamp apart slightly with a screwdriver (wrap it in a towel to avoid scratching) to fit the hose through the gap.

si618

Likes Dirt
the problem is... i dont have a bleed kit as i bought the reverb 2nd hand
and to take it to a shop to re-bleed is going to cost me $20.... ( i know this because i had it fitted and bled last weekend )
In the same boat but picked up a bleed kit off ebay for $12 delivered from an Aussie seller. Keep an eye out and you might find another one going cheap.