Att: All Vic girls (particularly those in Melb, suburbs:)

mtbdh_girl

Likes Dirt
I know I shouldn't really be posting the same thing in multiple threads but...I wanted to bring this to the attention of the Vic girls as it would be great to have some females come and have a go!!!

Park Orchards BMX Club is pleased to be holding a 4X Class at our club races in 2009.

4X classes will be held on the 4th Saturday of each month from February to October.

Racing is cost is $6 and there are a number of cheap licence options.

Format is 3 moto's plus final and invitational final if required

For more details visit: http://pics.inlina.com/popbmx/POPBMX_4X.jpg

Or www.popbmx.com.au

I will be taking my Cove down every race in case any girls turn up :) Usually hapy to race with the boys at bmx, but it would be great to have some girls come along and have a go :)

Sethius

Crashed out somewhere
would beginner ladies be welcome? shes only just started MTB, done it 3 or so times but loved a play on a bmx track.

what do the classes cover, this could be the perfect thing for her! :D

mtbdh_girl

Likes Dirt
Hi Sethius,

I probably used the wrong term 'classes' It is racing rather than instruction. However, all abilities are more than welcome and will be catered for. We actually have a 'Come and Try' day on Saturday the 14th Feb for all ages where there will be instruction on using the gate, negotiating the start hill, riding berms, pumping rather than jumping over jumps etc which she might like to come to. The day is also free. rego is from 8:45 with the day starting at 9:00.

Riders need long pants or shorts/shin, knee guards, and long sleeved top or short sleeves is ok with elbow guards. Also need full finger gloves and a full face helmet but we have a number of these which can be loaned out to riders having a go. Any type of bike is fine too, as long as the bar ends are plugged, and it doesn't have a kickstand!

On another note, i am really not very fast/experienced either - I raced dh for awile back in 03-04 (and came consistently last :) and then got on a bmx last year. There are a couple of us girls in the 29-39 age bracket who race bmx more for fun/fitness than anything else (we don't really have a choice with partners and kids that ride :) )

Anyway, hope to see you guys at either the club races (which are also for guys!!!) or the come and try day. I have attached the 'Come and Try' flyer below.

Cindie

Attachments