4X Atomlab Pimp 2 4X/DJ/Street

tanny

Likes Bikes
Just thought I'd post my newly built 4X machine, Atomlab Pimp 2.

As I'm in Victoria and there's little to no 4X events down south it will primarily be used for dirt jumping, street and the odd BMX track bash here and there until I can get myself organised and find some races.

Weight is around 16kg, hoping to get it down a few kilos with some lighter parts, but in due time.

At the moment just looking forward to having fun with it while I work at which parts to change and when.

Cheers

Frame - Atomlab Pimp 2
Rear shock -
Front shock/fork - Fox Vanilla 140mm travel
Handlebars - Atomlab Aircorp
Stem - Atomlab General Issue 42mm
Headset - Cane Creek
Grips - Jetblack
Saddle - Spank
Seatpost - generic, brand unknow
Front brake -
Rear brake - Hayes
Cranks - Truvativ Firex
Chainguide -
Chain - YBN black painted
Pedals - Atomlab
Front derailleur -
Rear derailleur -
Front shifter -
Rear shifter -
Cassette -
Front hub - NS
Rear hub - NS
Front rim - Alex
Rear rim - Alex
Spokes - generic chrome, brand unknown
Nipples - anodised green, brand unknown
Tyres - Maxxis Holy Rollers
Tubes -
Total weight - 13.5kg

Attachments

Last edited:

tanny

Likes Bikes
yeah they're pretty bulky, just something to make do for the moment. They'll be the first thing to get changed

tanny

Likes Bikes
Bike Update

Celebrated my 21st and with a bit of birthday cash finally got around to ditching the bulky, ugly looking wheelset for some Alex rims and NS hubs. Also ditched the gears and opted for a single speed setup as I've started using the bike for mostly park riding at the moment. Feels great to ride and I'm extremely happy with how it's turned out.
Final thing to change will be adding a longer braided brake hose so the bars can spin (not that I can barspin anyway)

Thanks to merc-blue for the custom wheels

Any suggestions on which braided hose to use would be greatly appreciated as I'm fairly new to hydraulic brakes.

Enjoy

* sorry for the average photos. Camera's broken so having to use my phone *
2011-07-25 22.17.33.jpg2011-07-26 10.25.35.jpg2011-07-26 10.25.05.jpg2011-07-26 10.26.42.jpg2011-07-26 10.26.02.jpg

Last edited:

back_2_riding

Likes Bikes
looks very nice man, always have loved atomlab frames, nice geometry. Would you think about getting bmx cranks? how does running 140mm travel on it feel?

tanny

Likes Bikes
Thanks mate. Yeah the cranks will be the next thing to change. I'm currently unable to ride because of an injury so I'm still sussing out a few extra parts. Best hardtail I've owned in terms of geometry and feel. I like having that extra bit of travel on the front. Probably a fraction long for park and street but for my riding I really like them.

tanny

Likes Bikes
Been a while since I posted anything about my bike, recently fractured my radial head so couldn't ride for a while. Thought this would be a good enough excuse to update and change up my Atomlab. I'll get an updated spec list soon but for now enjoy :)

2012-03-09 15.09.30 - Tony,Hassel.jpg