Atherton Tablelands

indica

Serial flasher
http://www.facebook.com/WorldTrail

Glen, Rhys and Ryan have landed in Far North Queensland, to spend 2 weeks trail-building in the tableland village of Atherton. This amazing destination is surrounded by dairy farms, volcanic lakes and pristine rainforest mountains.
This is exciting news. Having recently moved up here and enjoyed the trails the past few months some upgrades are happening. The local boys who I met last night have built and maintained a network of magnificent tracks weaving their way through marvellous State Forest. I will be going to have a look tomorrow - unless I feel the urge for a DH run - and I'll take the camera.
Information at this time is hard to come by so when I find out more I will let you all know.
Come up for a ride sometime... the evenings are cool the days are warm - what more could you want.

Glen, Rhys and Ryan - I'll see you all again tomorrow when you stop in for some ice and Gatorade.

Last edited:

Jeffgre_6163

Likes Dirt
Oh yeah!
Good things are happening in FNQ.

Atherton has one of the best climates in Oz, mild short winter, warm days without the humidity of Cairns and the Coast an hour way.

Come up and see us some time!

THE CHENZ

Likes Dirt
World Trail in Atherton = A f#@$in Winner!

So sweet that these trails are being cleared and getting ready to be dominated by all the FNQ crew.
Would encourage anyone up this way to get up to Atherton and join in the working bees and witness the quality of trail build being done by Glen and the lads.
Get up and innit peeps, and use this trail network, so that the local crew keep it on track.....literally
Keep the updates coming indica, you seem to know stuff, about things.
Ride a Bike :)

indica

Serial flasher
I was chatting to the boys this morning (no Glen...) and they said to come and have a look.
So I did.

Lovely area this...

I think Glen was eaten...

Talked trackside with them too, 3.8 km of maintenance work being down - no new lines just cleaning up existing tracks.
All we need now is some rain to expose some rocks and it will be awesome.

BTW some of the track was first ride - and I had permission too.
Thanks guys!

Last edited:

Mad Hatter

Likes Dirt
I`m hoping a certain Niner rider can rangle a work junket, I mean fact finding trip up your way and I can hide in the luggage with the kids a few bikes.
Don`t like my chances, but I`m allowed to dream.

indica

Serial flasher
Alright, back from the Working Bee and Trail Workshop.

Glen put in the flags, we added the rocks...

Bridges were replaced.

Joe having a pose for the camera...

Len put in a lot of hard work...

Another bridge...

This section will be a hoot...

Thanks everyone, was great to give a hand today...

Jeffgre_6163

Likes Dirt
Wow...
Fast posting mate! I only left an hour ago.
Congrats to all the guys that turned up today... great turnout and excellent work.
Be back tomorrow with the bike

indica

Serial flasher
Rode it today - nice one!
Went reverse on one of the tracks - the "climb" to where to excavator is - was a great ride down, started getting some drift there....

indica

Serial flasher
Glen - thanks for chatting and not having an issue with the fresh trails being ridden. Riding around the machine, you can't get much fresher than that.
I love the enthusiasm of Ryan and Rhys too... always with the "come and check it out".

Nice one, looking forward to stage 2 whatever and whenever that is.

Jeffgre_6163

Likes Dirt
Looks nice! Hope it holds up to the wet season. Started raining yet?
Sure they will require a bit of maintenance but I think they will hold out OK.
We actually need some rain to help pack the loose soil down

And no it has not started raining.
We get about 600 ml less per year than Cairns [1387 compared to 2015]

indica

Serial flasher
[video=facebook;10150395589059345]http://www.facebook.com/video/video.php?v=10150395589059345[/video]

Cheers again.
Can't wait until more gets done.
WE WANT DOWNHILL.

indica

Serial flasher
Well, there is a casual launch of the trails this weekend, Saturday @ 6am for champagne and a viewing.
We have had rain recently and this has packed the tracks in very well. One particular climb is a balls-out blast going down, sweeping corners with grade reversals and no need for brakes.
Two World Trail tracks launched in one day! Nice one.

indica

Serial flasher
As featured in the latest AMB.
Come and ride, there are more trails too that they didn't report.