Assistance Needed re Northern Beaches Riding

bikesarefun

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Link works for me.

I'm not a local so not aware of the situation, which bit are they misrepresenting?

They're trying to create a link between the gravity trails (pictured) and aboriginal engravings at Moon Rock. They're miles apart (see below).

This began a few weeks ago after the last big storms in Sydney. The greenies came up immediately after the storms to take photos of the trails, knowing that there would be trees down. They then began contacting police and the like, accusing us of cutting down trees.

Untitled-2.jpg

Dozer

Heavy machinery.
Staff member
So the trails are legal yet a trashy rag see's it fit to condemn anyone involved just because it cannot do any research? If those trails are sanctioned by a legit entity then I'd be sending those mofo's a nice letter saying they either unfuck the situation and print a half page apology or you'll get rowdy.
On the flipside, it seems like some of the comments I've read on this topic are suggesting there are people riding on the area with the carvings and this newspaper article may be a broad awareness thing.

silentbutdeadly

has some good things to say
Gravity riders damned by association so the Murdoch Dead Tree Party can fill a half a page and keep their fossil headed readers buying their outdated product and remain ignorant of the real world...what a surprise :bored:

will2

Likes Dirt
Fuck the Manly Daily is a shit rag. The only time I read it and they are flaming a group of people, for doing something they aren't . Have sent an email to the Daily hopefully we don't get generic responses.
We definitely need to get on top of this, the amount of fat greenie slobs that read the thing is unprecedented, all jerking off on each other and wiping each others arse's with Kale leaves.

Edit: Reading the Telegraph article, there is confusion with Moon Rock and Junction Rock at Oxy. "An illegal structure at Moon Rock", that's fucking Bullshit.

Last edited:

bucky

Squid
In one of the pictures in that second article it shows the ladder drop and the caption for it is 'the bike path across moon rock'. Is that actually moon rock or is that wrong?

I went there for the first time a few days ago for a walk around so I want to know whats cool to ride and whats not.

bikesarefun

Likes Bikes and Dirt
In one of the pictures in that second article it shows the ladder drop and the caption for it is 'the bike path across moon rock'. Is that actually moon rock or is that wrong?

I went there for the first time a few days ago for a walk around so I want to know whats cool to ride and whats not.
Nah - that's still wrong. But I think we'll stop beating up on the guy.

bikesarefun

Likes Bikes and Dirt
You mentioned it of course when you mad that statement, right? This situation could be diamond in the rough.
We'll certainly be using the situation to our advantage. We've been trying to make progress with MLALC for years, this should at least get them talking again.

Dozer

Heavy machinery.
Staff member
We'll certainly be using the situation to our advantage. We've been trying to make progress with MLALC for years, this should at least get them talking again.
You could suggest that some of the carvings in the dirt you guys have made need to be preserved and protected for generations to come. Some see the moon rock examples as art, some see the jumps as art. Some walks of life suggest that either of those are shit and are a waste of people's energy to bother protecting...............

will2

Likes Dirt
You could suggest that some of the carvings in the dirt you guys have made need to be preserved and protected for generations to come. Some see the moon rock examples as art, some see the jumps as art. Some walks of life suggest that either of those are shit and are a waste of people's energy to bother protecting...............
Been in our community for over 15 years in various forms. To respect our honor you must send them and do the sickest trick possible also need to dig them, a little. If not fulfilled we won't be able to connect to the elusive freerider through our common connection with this piece of land.

I hear ya!