Assistance given. Pic of result last post.

tasty.dirt74

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Hi there. Could anybody in Melbourne collect a frame from a shop and drop it at a couriers for me . I have exhausted all avenues to get a frame from vic to Cairns, and it appears that someone needs to walk into the shop to pick the frame up, as brand politics prevents it from being sent. It is not any stores fault... It's the rules ..apparently.! This is the shop that the frame is located at
if anyone would consider helping, it would've great help ..

Thanks, Bill.

Last edited:

creaky

XMAS Plumper
Assuming you are going to pay the store directly, can you just arrange a courier to pick it up from the shop ?

Alternatively, transfer the funds to me and I'll sort it out one way or another. (please don't)

shmity

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I work in bayswater, i can collect it but dropping it else where is probably going to be a bit hard unless its also bayswater area, im short on time given the time of year...

Check your courier pricing with interparcel.com.au, all their services will collect from my factory.

Boom King

downloaded a pic of moorey's bruised arse
Couriers Please pick up and drop anywhere, can organise online too. I can grab it pretty easily, where does it have to go?

Will31

Likes Bikes
I'd suggest doing a quick search to see if there is another bike shop in the area, I was looking at getting a giant from a store in Melbourne and found a shop just down the road that would tear it down, pack and ship it for way less than a courier would. They dealt with boutique brands so I guess the didn't see it as a loss of business or anything.

tasty.dirt74

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Thanks for all the replies.. The reasons are varied and numerous as to why I had to go down this route.
The frame is NOS and I can't really go to another shop !
I also live a couple of thousand k's from the shop.
The lbs of that brand was kinda apprehensive to get involved, which I can understand.
In the end, the frame has been paid for and the kind rotorburner who offered to help will collect it tomorrow .. Pics shall follow when I finally receive it!

tasty.dirt74

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Here is the bike all built up. Most parts are just to get the ball rolling. Even the missus likes the colour!

tasty.dirt74

Likes Bikes and Dirt
That looks sharp! And small. Ish. Is the stand over really low? Aren't you a giant?
Size is Medium..

Tasty Dirt a Giant!!!!
That would depend on what body part you are talking about : ) but lets just say he has been known as "the Pie man" from time to time
LOL.. Dropped 11kg in the past year or so !! Still have the number plate from NZ with PIEMAN on it !!

The BB to seat height is 8mm lower than the Enduro with the post full extended! The Stumpys TT drops quite a lot.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Tasty Dirt a Giant!!!!
That would depend on what body part you are talking about : ) but lets just say he has been known as "the Pie man" from time to time
ha. I may have confused him with another northern member that was pursuing a frame a little while ago. They were over 6.5 feet. My bad...I will continue fantasising of this tall northman....but he wont be on a blue specialized.

Cropduster

Likes Dirt
Size is Medium..

LOL.. Dropped 11kg in the past year or so !! Still have the number plate from NZ with PIEMAN on it !!

The BB to seat height is 8mm lower than the Enduro with the post full extended! The Stumpys TT drops quite a lot.
a pic of that number plate should definitely be your avatar!

tasty.dirt74

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Who recommends what ?

So the bike is going great. :thumb:

I was aware that the fork was on its last legs, but its shortcomings are becoming very apparent with the 130mm travel on the back of the bike. Bascically the fork doesnt hold air ! Due for a rebuild/service.

The question is : Should the replacement fork be 110mm travel for a XC style feel, 120mm for a trail style ride, or go all in and get a 140 mm, possibly with travel adjust to 120 or 110mm?

The bike is a replacement for a 100mm hardtail, and will be used for a few races this year. It will also be a general trail bike, as my other bike is a 160mm travel 26" dually. Its a bit too big travel wise for general riding. IMO,

I can only imagine how capable this will be with a longer travel fork.

34mm stanchions would be preferred. Not too keen on the slimmer dia of 32mm.

This looks to be the pick of the bunch so far....
https://www.sram.com/rockshox/products/yari-rc#

Thoughts?