anyone ridden the intense carbine 275 current and tracer

Trying to get myself back into riding and after a few bad falls on the Trance 29er (which i loved, the bike not the falls!), i can't seem to get comfortable on it again , so hopefully a new bike will rekindle the passion.
I got to feel a carbine 275 yesterday and felt so good, and budget says ok but seeing the tracer carbon also available, i wonder how much difference between the two there is to justify my wallet crying at the difference.
Is there any difference between the earlier carbine's that had been converted 650b and the current factory bike? Also i get the feeling by the Intense catalogue and limited spiel on the carbine, that the tracer c might be it's replacement. Just my feeling.

If anyone has ridden both or has opinions , would love the feedback.

MB

Intense Australia
Hey there was a similar question to this asked a couple if weeks ago here: http://www.rotorburn.com/forums/showthread.php?290280-Intense-carbine-help&highlight=Carbine

As for your question about old carbine vs new, the very first generation did not have internal dropper routing or iscg05 tabs. The change came through mid 2012 I believe, but geo and everything else stayed the same. One more update came through in my14 which was graphics only.
Hope this answers your questions, feel free to pm me if you need more details or have any other queries.

MB

Thanks MB. Happy to hear the internal routing on the later carbines. Part of me is saying the tracer would be a bit more refined but the carbine felt so good already.
PM on its way. Thoughts from anyone else that has had the chance to try both would be greatly appreciated. Choice isn't always a good thing :)

Hey_Yeti

Likes Bikes
Hey Torana,
If you do decide to go with a Carbine 27.5, I have one (frame only) up for sale at the moment (going cheap) ;)
The Carbine has been a sweet ride, but I got a great deal on the new Ibis so I'm moving my parts across.
Good luck either way you go!

Thanks Hey_Yeti, thanks. I saw and drooled but at the moment a complete bike would suit better. Will keep it in mind though.