Can show me around Mt macedon, woodend?
Call me a glutton for punishment
But time to get back on the bike

Find me on here, will check tonight
Pm me no ph coverage out in the country

John

micnorc

Cannon Fodder
hey mate, if your interested in getting shown round the best way is to get involved with wombat mtb club or even check the website for maps and what not http://www.wombatmtb.com.au/ failing that just drop into woodend cycles and speak to the guys they'll hook you up with the right guys, I'm pretty sure theres thursday night rides every week out there hope that helps, cheers

ben_rides_a_bike

Likes Bikes and Dirt
If its downhill your after, no. You wont be shown Mt. Macedon. Knowing the person who has spent countless hours up there including myself, the location isnt something thats given out.

lol, this was from 3 years ago...

micnorc

Cannon Fodder
If its downhill your after, no. You wont be shown Mt. Macedon. Knowing the person who has spent countless hours up there including myself, the location isnt something thats given out.

lol, this was from 3 years ago...
haha yerp so true, dh no chance but feel free to ride the wombat xc tracks hahah,

dunndog

Eats Squid
haha yerp so true, dh no chance but feel free to ride the wombat xc tracks hahah,
Fair enough, but lose the shit attitude.. What a pointless post.
I'm doing a rigging course in riddells creek, we're wrapping it up tomorrow about 10am. Thought I'd jump on here and see what who might know about trails to explore on Mt. Macedon. Think I'll just save it for the guys in the shop at Woodend. Not after any top secret x files trails that I have no right to ride as I haven't poured countless hours into building, dare I even ask. Just some nice rolling xc for a sunny Thursday arvo and a change of scenery seeing as I'm out that way..

cruxpitch

Likes Dirt
Macedon

its funny what you find whilst trail running at Mt Macedon.............. Oh, that looks like an exit chute.......run a bit further.......... oh that looks like the entry chute again........... curiosity gets the better of me........................ i turn around and run up the dh track to the start........................crazy........................... never ridden the track, not interested............................but i'll keep on running. I have found 3 tracks now.

Your secret is safe with me, i discovered these over 12 months ago.

I ride DH, and i do believe in the unwritten rules.

pistonbroke

Eats Squid
Fair enough, but lose the shit attitude.. What a pointless post.
I'm doing a rigging course in riddells creek, we're wrapping it up tomorrow about 10am. Thought I'd jump on here and see what who might know about trails to explore on Mt. Macedon. Think I'll just save it for the guys in the shop at Woodend. Not after any top secret x files trails that I have no right to ride as I haven't poured countless hours into building, dare I even ask. Just some nice rolling xc for a sunny Thursday arvo and a change of scenery seeing as I'm out that way..
That post is 15 months old. You sure showed him.

dunndog

Eats Squid
That post is 15 months old. You sure showed him.
Oh well, no skin off anyones nose then is it.. it's just the first thing I saw when I thought I'd jump on here to see about what trails may exist in the area worthy of an explore, and thought that smart arse post worthy of absolutely fuck all. I'm absolutely cool with the code, as are probably most on here. a simple 'no can't help' will do, an antagonistic add on to an already posted reply stating no sorry is just shit. That's all.

velocidad

Likes Dirt
a few years ago there was an event that ran from woodend over to Mt Macedon and back, the Cannondale clock to clock. was a good race - not sure what happened to it, lots of info on here about it.

A little bit of time researching the thread and some exploring on strava and a great XC loop can be had. A bit of red clay in the foothills tho so if its real wet it can get slimy :-(

MJG

Likes Dirt
a few years ago there was an event that ran from woodend over to Mt Macedon and back, the Cannondale clock to clock. was a good race - not sure what happened to it, lots of info on here about it.

A little bit of time researching the thread and some exploring on strava and a great XC loop can be had. A bit of red clay in the foothills tho so if its real wet it can get slimy :-(
The main organiser of the race, known as GuidePaul on these forums, moved to WA. It was a (leg) ripper of a race, especially if you did the two-lap version. The parts of the course that went through Mt Macedon winery are obviously out-of-bounds, but the rest of it is still open to the public. The tracks in the pines heading to the Macedon reservoir, and those beside Canning Park Rd are quite rutted and boggy from motorbike abuse, but the rest is in pretty good nick. There are lots of loose rocks on the Chute Track descent, so exercise due caution.

Last edited: