Anyone interested in a Farkin pub meetup?

Which date would you prefer for a Farkin meetup?

• Friday 22nd September

Votes: 7 17.1%
  • Saturday 23rd September

Votes: 3 7.3%
  • Friday 29th September

Votes: 6 14.6%
  • Saturday 30th September

Votes: 14 34.1%
  • Friday 6th October

Votes: 7 17.1%
  • Saturday 7th October

• Friday 13th October

Votes: 3 7.3%
  • Saturday 14th October

• None, beer next to my computer is as close as I'd like to come to drinking with you freaks!

Votes: 15 36.6%

• Total voters

Rik

logged out
It's been a while since a social event was organised for Sydney Farkiners, so I thought it'd be an idea to push for another one soon.
First up though, before anything else, we have to sort out the best date. Please vote on this poll (you can select multiple options) to indicate which dates you'd prefer and from there we'll work out details.
My suggestion is somewhere in/around the CBD. I'd love to go to the Squire Brewhouse at King St wharf again, but we can obviously work out locations later. Feel free to make your own suggestions too :)

Vote away and I'll update the thread as progress is made.

mtbmamma

Likes Dirt
It's been a while since a social event was organised for Sydney Farkiners, so I thought it'd be an idea to push for another one soon.
First up though, before anything else, we have to sort out the best date. Please vote on this poll (you can select multiple options) to indicate which dates you'd prefer and from there we'll work out details.
My suggestion is somewhere in/around the CBD. I'd love to go to the Squire Brewhouse at King St wharf again, but we can obviously work out locations later. Feel free to make your own suggestions too :)

Vote away and I'll update the thread as progress is made.
Hi Rik, how does anything late October/early November sound? King Street Wharf also sounds good. Next thing, is there an upper age limit?:rolleyes:

Rik

logged out
We'll see how interest goes, could always delay the first or do a 2nd one depending on the votes. There's also TDs celebratory drinks to be had soon as well.
Don't be worried about age, in the past these have been relatively mature affairs (suprisingly, given the apparent standard of members on the site), as long as you can handle some in depth shit-talk about mtb, politics and the world you'll be fine :D

87seca

Squid
Sounds like a great idea.. depending on the dates

but totaly off topic, Ric were the hell did you get discombobulated from??

doggi

Banned
mmm

Hey what about the manly warf hotel .They have a jetty bar .
Oh and another thing can we take our bikes and talk crap all day ,

Carlin

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Two words: "Shit" and "Yeah".

I voted for the 29th, but can make the 30th, and the 6th and 7th of October too.

I'm flexible on venues.

Pub bikes anyone?

(I almost submitted "pube bikes" nice typo eh?)

Squidly Didly

Has Been
Staff member
Scontt 24hr is on Early Oct while the National Series kicks off mid-late October.

I vote for any Sat night before these dates. Fri nights suck as I gotta work Sat, but I can always turn up drunk if need be ...

Daver

Kung Fu Panda
Scontt 24hr is on Early Oct while the National Series kicks off mid-late October.

I vote for any Sat night before these dates. Fri nights suck as I gotta work Sat, but I can always turn up drunk if need be ...
I'd prefer saturday night too.

johnny

I'll tells ya!
Staff member
23rd Sept and 6-7th oct are out for me, other than that, I'm already drinking in anticipation.

Carlin

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Sooo will it be Saturday the 30th of September as per the poll?

Aaaand will anyone be on pub bikes?

Binaural

Eats Squid
I will be on a pricey pub bike, but it will be swathed in chains and suchlike, and anyone who wants to steal a bike with "evil" written on it will deserve whatever villinous karma they get. Lock in the 30th for me :)

johnny

I'll tells ya!
Staff member
Yeah, 30th is good for me. Fark yer pub bike, too far to ride with a belly full of beer and pork! I'm open for applications for people to crash at my joint, the taxi fare from MAnly is about 25 bucks, shared between 4 it's pretty sweet. I can run you up to the station in the morning or you can ride here in the afternoon and ride home the next day....whatever.

lucky phil

Likes Bikes
yere the 30th is okay just have to make sure i done go to bike shop so i have money to get smashed and then home
\m/:D\m/

i may not drink any more but i dont drink any less now

Rik

logged out
30th looks like the winner. When I get a chance to spend a bit more time online (network problems have kept me off my PC for a week) I'll sort out and post a few more details. Right now, somewhere in/near the CBD would be the go, and as mentioned Squire Brewhouse = greatness :)

Weasel

Likes Dirt
Yup sounds like a good 'un...
Will you post it the official invite on the watering hole and if so when roughly.