Any bi-linguists out there?

wombat

Lives in a hole
Here's the deal: I need something translated, it's Spanish (I think), and I was wondering if any of you lot could help me out? I tried using babel fish, and it wasn't too bad, it just got stuck on one word:

I am been agui often before and return. And return agui again and beginning

I'm guessing that "augi" should have an accent on it or something?
Any help would be much appreciated.

Oh, here's the text:
Yo he esta-do agui muchas veces antes y regreso.Y regreso agui otra vez y comienzo

Mason

Likes Dirt
SPANISH

Yo he esta-do agui muchas veces antes y regreso.Y regreso agui otra vez y comienzo

ENGLISH

I there am this gave agui many times before and return and return agui again and beginning

wombat

Lives in a hole
kaptin_9 said:
SPANISH

ENGLISH

I there am this gave agui many times before and return and return agui again and beginning
Check the translation Kaptin9. It's still got the same problem as mine.

Chewy: Yes I have read Hitch Hikers Guide (and the others). Some of my favourite books. If you like them, try the Dirk Gently series (also Douglas Adams), also very funny.

lupine128

Likes Bikes and Dirt
long dark teatime of the soul,
dirk gentlys holistic detective agency,
if you like adams (may he rest in peace) try terry pratchett, tom holt, and robert asprin. they are pretty funny as well, but in a fantasy setting.

wombat

Lives in a hole
CHEWY said:
what r the others?? im in the library at school right now...
lupine's right about the dirk Gently books (HDA is the first).
As for the rest of the HH series, from memory it goes:

-Restraunt at the end of the Universe
-Life, the Universe and Everything
-So Long and Thanks for all the Fish
-Mostly Harmless

It's the trilogy in 5 parts :D

If you want something similarly confusing, but much deeper (and darker). Catch 22 (Joesph Heller) is one of the best books written....IMHO....

But back on topic, can anybody help me with that word???

lupine128

Likes Bikes and Dirt
can't help with the word, but i'm checking with some freinds of mine in cali,
agree with you about catch 22, have youread any of his other books? god knows was just weird......
and if you can find it, read the original novel that M*A*S*H* came from.
it's brilliant.

wombat

Lives in a hole
the MASH novel? I knew that a lot of the themes were appropriated from Catch 22, they're not that hard to pick, but I didn't know there was a MASH novel. We had to study C22/MASH, and I can honestly say that it was the only time that I've ever gotten more out of a book by actually doing an indepth study.
Have you seen the MASH pilot? movie length thing, don't know if it's ever been aired, but it is much more similar to Catch, very very black.

lupine128

Likes Bikes and Dirt
way cool movie. the novel is very similar to the movie.
there were aseries of books done for mash, but the first was the best.
i'll have a look and find the auther for when i get i minute.

CHEWY

Eats Squid
yea i just went and looked wombat, got Life, the Universe and Everything.... hopefully its as random as hitchhikers...catch-22 haha that was a funny book, the orginal M*A*S*H novel is a classic also.. very funny.it was written by a guy called Richard Hooker if u wanna go find it...

wombat

Lives in a hole
Chewy, all the books in the series are great, but it helps if you read them in order....
Thanks for the help with the MASH novel too, I'll have to get that out.

Markwilson

Cannon Fodder
wombat said:
Here's the deal: I need something translated, it's Spanish (I think), and I was wondering if any of you lot could help me out? I tried using babel fish, and it wasn't too bad, it just got stuck on one word:

I am been agui often before and return. And return agui again and beginning

I'm guessing that "augi" should have an accent on it or something?
Any help would be much appreciated.

Oh, here's the text:
you probably don't need this any more, but here's the pretty much correct translation.
the gs in agui were supposed to be qs, so replace the word agui with here. I have been here often before and I return. And I return here again and begin again