ANSTO closes Menai/Lucas Heights trails to the public

Silly Goose

Likes Bikes
Hey Allan
Its Brendan I went to the council day with Jason and have done the online survey and blue forms just wondering who i give it to as the form says hand it to your council contact on your site visit. Im so stoked at how this project is progressing.

Silly Goose

Likes Bikes
Cool sent my forms through yesterday. Question have the legal documents/issues been sorted out with Ansto yet and when were you planing the site visit.

Nerf Herder

Wheel size expert
Thanks for sorting above ...
Legals ... not as yet, but getting much closer ... Pez and I had a good catch up with contacts . I've emailed Jason and his area to see if we can do something in Nov on Council Lands ... but realistically likely nothing until Feb/March given Christmas and the heat.

However, so we're not caught out in case we do get a green light ... please do your inductee thingy ASAP

Thanks

willsy01

Eats Squid
Heat shmeat......

1 x CamelBak bidon
1 x 'Big Frij' (silver, insulated cooler bag thing)
2 x ice bricks

1. Make enough Gatorade to fill bidon
2. Fill bidon with Gatorade
3. Place in fridge overnight
4. Take out in the morning and place in Big Frij with two ice bricks.....poke hose out the top
5. Take with you to trail build location
6. Consume as required
7. Win

tjb

Likes Dirt
Is it still possible to get involved helping with the activity out at Lucas Heights ?

I haven't done the bushcare course but I'm keen to join the volunteer force.

willsy01

Eats Squid
Is it still possible to get involved helping with the activity out at Lucas Heights ?

I believe there is a second Bushcare course planned at some stage in the near future, for those that couldn't make the first one. Al (Nerf) may have a better idea when this will happen. This initial stage is for people that are willing to be 'trail crew leaders'. Obviously, the more we have the better as it lessens the likelihood that we'll have a build day without people to head up the crews. Even if you don't end up as a trail leader, you'll pick up some sweet trail building/maintenance knowledge.

If you don't get involved right now the option will be there to rock up on a maintenance day, do a quick OH&S induction and get stuck into it. That stage is still a little ways off though.

Silly Goose

Likes Bikes
Agreed willsy might even get a few more people interested if the see the words Open or trail building instead of CLOSED!!!!!!

Nerf Herder

Wheel size expert

Howdy ... go to page 24 on this thread ... look for the blue scans I attached and print that off ... complete it and head to the inductee website and do the common sense multiple choice thingy ... post your completed forum ... along with your user id from the inductee test and your right to go.

More the merrier and there isn't a need to sit the induction course from my understanding you just need to complete the blue form, sit the online test and post it all to SSC.

Also, suggest thread name change to ANSTO/SSC working with MTBers to reopen Menai :)
I'll start a new thread when we get the green light
... but good thinking

Filthyfrother

Likes Bikes

Hey guys.. Im thinking the same thing as tjb!

I dont think i can commit to being a trail leader but im definately up to help out.. You think we should register and do the course anyway or just come to the maintenance days when they start? I would love to pick up the training but didnt want to bump anyone out that could be more useful..

Cheers

Nerf Herder

Wheel size expert
Yes, every volley needs to register and complete the online induction ... whether trail leader, or part timer or one off visitor.

Do what you can all we can ask for :)

Nerf Herder

Wheel size expert
Hey allan
I got my package in the mail with my name tag and OHS booklet is there anything else I need to do?
Good stuff mate ... as Willsy mentioned make sure your on the SSORC list ... Justin and Steve actually takes care of this and comms but that will be the first thing that gets updated.

Next steps is to wait for an organised day ... We have a meeting with Bushcare staff on Friday to work out what we could do ... so hopefully something coming up before christmas ... but don't stress if we aren't out there until the new year.

Al

Silly Goose

Likes Bikes
Yeah been on the mailing list for a while...
Now wait fir my imba book to arrive in the mail read up and wait for the first site visit.
Sorry to be annoying but have the Legal issues with ansto and the council been sorted out?