Another 2014 Kona Operator

Koper25

Likes Dirt
Average grainy iPhone pic, but I literally just got it in the door! So keen to take it for a spin! Still stock, it'll probably stay like that for a bit. I do have a new Race Face DM stem on order though :smile:

Chamakazae

Likes Bikes
Kona's really outdone themselves this year... their bikes look so good! But ew, is that seriously the stock stem?

heavyp

You heard it here first
Bike looks killer, Little cometic feature I like is that somehow Kona have got Maxxis tyres with white writing not the normal yellow.

Koper25

Likes Dirt
Cheers guys :smile: took it out for the first time on Saturday. It was awesome! My old bike was a Giant Reign X1, riding the Operator was a world of difference. Turning, jumping, breaking was so much better/easier. Couldn't be happier with the bike. Love the low stand over as well. A new stem is coming soon as well, hopefully this week.

Koper25

Likes Dirt
Can't believe I've almost had this for a year. This is where it's at now.
Changes: Raceface Atlas stem, Straitline Amp pedals, Shimano Saint cranks, Maxxis Minion tyres.
Due for a new derailleur soon, probably stick with X9 but get an X0 shifter to replace the X7.

20140827_170959.jpg

Koper25

Likes Dirt
Loving it. Recently got rid of the E-Thirteen chain guide and replaced it with a C-Sixx guide, because the E-Thirteen guide didn't stop the chain from hitting the chainstay.
It's my first DH bike so I don't have a lot to compare it to. But I haven't had any issues with it yet.

Koper25

Likes Dirt
Thought I'd post a pic with the new chain guide. The C-Sixx guide has been great so far. Looks pretty good too.

20141017_191247 rs.jpg

Koper25

Likes Dirt
So it's been a while since I've posted an update, changed a few things:

- SRAM X0 Shifter
- SRAM X9 Derailleur
- SRAM Centerline rotors
- ODI Ruffian grips
- Raceface Atlas bars
- Raceface Atlas I-beam saddle
- Raceface Atlas I-beam seat post
- Slik Graphics crank stickers

Also just got the fork and shock serviced by Tekin, running better than new.

They flipped the shock as well. A few people have said it's better with the piggyback at the bottom because it keeps the weight more central. Riding tomorrow, so I'll see how it goes.

Last edited:

Koper25

Likes Dirt
Sick phone edit from a classifed area.

[video]https://youtu.be/v-BRWl5viDY[/video]

Last edited:

Ideate

I'm good. Just got a tender shin at the moment.

Yum. Haven't fixed the lever yet. Spent the last two days on crc filling my cart then sleeping on it (mainly because it's filled with shit I don't need to justify paying for the DHL postage).

First world problems..

Last edited:

Koper25

Likes Dirt
Been a while since my last update. I've changed a few things, to the point where not many stock parts are left lol.

Updates include:
- RockShox Charger damper upgrade
- RockShox Vivid R2C2 Shock
- Wheels, Maxic EX823 on Hope Pro 2 Evo Hubs
- Blackspire Der Guide
- RaceFace Aeffect pedals

Things on the way:
- 3.00x400 Ti-Spring
- Ti-Springs shock bearing
- ODI SDG grips

For anyone wondering, yes the suspension upgrades have been game changing!

New wheels are nice too, finally went tubeless. Most impotantly, that sweet Hope hub sound, definitely worth it!

Straitline Amp pedals I replaced were ok, but took a pretty serious rock hit. Also no where near as grippy as the Aeffect pedals, personal preference I guess.

I have the ODI grips at home and they look sweet. I wanted to try something with a bit more grip than the Ruffians, without getting something too thick.

Pics:
20160423_115035.jpg

20160423_114916.jpg

20160423_114837.jpg

20160423_114852.jpg

Bonus matching BMX pic:
20160423_115245.jpg