Anderson's trail update

stirk

Burner
I rode the Anderson's trail in the Blue Mountains for the first time today.

An awesome ride for all the steep downhill runs full of water bars for jumping. Rotorburn hills ;)

But the National sParks and Wildfire service have just graded and chopped the trail in preparation for some back burning.

I don't know what it was like before this grading activity as I've not ridden this trail, but the first section is littered with tree fell litter and the latter sections loose and still full of rubbish.

The first 5 km after the gate are bad, the rest is ok, over time it'll improve.

Just making a mention.

Mr Crudley

Glock in your sock
Been twice there last month. The climb out of Bedford creek was pretty loose on the first few switchbacks. Too hard to keep traction. The grading bulldozer was proudly parked there too.

The descent in is always fun. A bit skittery but just have to keep your eyes opened.

If you do the log crossing at Bedford creek then shoes with some rubber soles are a good thing. It had a layer of slippery mossy stuff on it. Not fun walking over it with plastic soled shoes while carrying the bike.

Glad you enjoyed it.

Last edited:

stirk

Burner
Been twice there last month. The climb out of Bedford creek was pretty loose on the first few switchbacks. Too hard to keep traction. The grading bulldozer was proudly parked there too.

The descent in is always fun. A bit skittery but just have to keep your eyes opened.

If you do the log crossing at Bedford creek then shoes with some rubber soles are a good thing. It had a layer of slippery mossy stuff on it. Not fun walking over it with plastic soled shoes while carrying the bike.

Glad you enjoyed it.
The downhill runs are huge, the rotors really sizzle when you hit the creek, ended up peddling through so got wet feet as its a lot deeper than I expected. I think the best approach is too barrel through at speed with your feet up.

I think they back burned up there on Sunday so it'll likely be a mess for a bit.

Mr Crudley

Glock in your sock
Ha .. You did well. It isn't a deep creek but always looks more shallow than it is to me and always fahn cold. I just don't want to blow it and end up in water up to my axles and BB if I can avoid it. Been there before.

Anyhow the log crossing is very tightrope which is good practice if I ever decide to run away and join a circus.