Anderson's trail after rain

stirk

Burner
Hi gang,

I will be riding Anderson's (Wentworth Falls to Woodford) on Sunday. Since I have never ridden this trail I thought I'd check with fellow burners what the creek crossings are like particularly after rain since we are getting some lately in the mountains.

Also, Tony (aka the fat hippy) mentions the hidden log of slipperiness, what the hell is this! Sounds like a hidden log of scary!

http://www.users.on.net/~fathers/anderson.htm

I'll report back on the trails condition anyway.

stirk

Burner
My mate that I'm riding with tomorrow has planned to meet his wife and kids at jelly bean pools for lunch picnic so we are only riding the Oaks.

9:53 train arrival at Woodford, then we ride the Oaks. Say hi if you see me, I'll most likely be the only one with a Kona...:behindsofa: :)

I will try and ride Anderson's next weekend or maybe the one after, join Anderson's with Oaks perhaps.

Early morning start, anyone planning to do the same let me know.

T.3

Likes Dirt
Andersons = One hell of a climb out. Andersons combined with the Oaks is a pretty decent day in the saddle, enjoy.

Mr Crudley

Glock in your sock
Andersons = One hell of a climb out. Andersons combined with the Oaks is a pretty decent day in the saddle, enjoy.
+1, the first 2 switchbacks out of Bedford Creek are a killer. Just sit back and pedal. It is a great climb if you are in the mood.
The log can be a bit slippery though. Riding through is a option ... but ... it is deeper than it looks, I'll take the log.

I might give it a go next weekend, anyone keen?

stirk

Burner
I'm up for doing Anderson's in the morning either sat or sun but would probably pull up stumps at woodford. I'll ask my social coordinator what I have on.

Mr Crudley

Glock in your sock
I'm going to put it off for the following weekend. The weather looks a bit iffy.
I'll take the r^&d bike somewhere instead. :tape2: