All my Aliexpress MTB purchases reviewed.

Labcanary

One potato, two potato, click
TraceVelo is the aliexpress youtuber I follow, and has reviewed Ltwoo and Sensah groupsets.

Personally, today I ordered my "upgrades" to my very heavy but lurverly Marin Nicosia 2x8 gravel bike (very sloppy Shimano Claris derailleur and square taper FSA cranks) with a Sensah 1x11 44 tooth cranks and 11-42 tooth cluster. Grabbed a second cluster as I have "slicks" and "knobby" wheelsets.

Fingers crossed it all works well.View attachment 407456
That's the one, thank you.

oldcorollas

Levin the moment
Anyone knows where I can get one of this fox tool for the air spring side?
I can find the one for the damper side but not the air spring side from AliExpress...

air side the thread is solid, so could just use a plastic/wood drift?
interested to hear if the damper side has the correct thread (not 10xsomething nomal :D is more like M10.5x1.05)

bigdamo

Likes Dirt

Attachments

bigdamo

Likes Dirt
air side the thread is solid, so could just use a plastic/wood drift?
interested to hear if the damper side has the correct thread (not 10xsomething nomal :D is more like M10.5x1.05)
Yep got the damper side aliexpress damper tool. Yep works well. But hey you could go down to local Nuts and Bolts business and get a long nut

gippyz

Likes Dirt
went through that, M10x1.0 is not the size...
Gee so even the threaded rod is not a standard size. Bloody Fox.. I was about to just go down to local nuts and bolts business to get a long nut.

However, i do wonder now whether something like a wooden dowel will do the job. They just have to be about the same size as the rod? So not too small to the point where it ends up being a point impact when u hammer it.

oldcorollas

Levin the moment
Gee so even the threaded rod is not a standard size. Bloody Fox.. I was about to just go down to local nuts and bolts business to get a long nut.

However, i do wonder now whether something like a wooden dowel will do the job. They just have to be about the same size as the rod? So not too small to the point where it ends up being a point impact when u hammer it.
thanks to @link1896

coarselanguagw

Likes Dirt
Anyone knows where I can get one of this fox tool for the air spring side?
I can find the one for the damper side but not the air spring side from AliExpress...

Mate, that link you posted has the right tool. So on that aliexpress listing if you look at the pictures you'll see that each tool has a part#. Eg: 398-00-681 or 398-00-682, etc..

You can compare the part numbers on the aliexpress options to the listings on cyclinics website.

Looking at cyclinic website it shows that the air side tool (fox part# 398-00-681) is compatible with the 32, 34, 36, 38 and 40mm AIR Spring Side.
So on that aliexpress listing just get the middle option that says "Color: for FOX 32"

Bloody bike parts and tool hey? they never make it easy.

bigdamo

Likes Dirt
Mate, that link you posted has the right tool. So on that aliexpress listing if you look at the pictures you'll see that each tool has a part#. Eg: 398-00-681 or 398-00-682, etc..

You can compare the part numbers on the aliexpress options to the listings on cyclinics website.

Looking at cyclinic website it shows that the air side tool (fox part# 398-00-681) is compatible with the 32, 34, 36, 38 and 40mm AIR Spring Side.
So on that aliexpress listing just get the middle option that says "Color: for FOX 32"

The pricing on these tools is just outstanding $140 compared with $16 Aliexpress. Does the same job.

gippyz

Likes Dirt

Thanks for that. But I think there are two different tools as the rod for each side is of different size? One is 15mm the other is 10mm. I'll be needing this one as well I think: https://cyclinic.com.au/products/fox-racing-shox-fork-damper-removal-tool-343640mm.

Unless I can just hammer one side to loosen the lowers?

oldcorollas

Levin the moment
Thanks for that. But I think there are two different tools as the rod for each side is of different size? One is 15mm the other is 10mm. I'll be needing this one as well I think: https://cyclinic.com.au/products/fox-racing-shox-fork-damper-removal-tool-343640mm.

Unless I can just hammer one side to loosen the lowers?
the part numbers etched on the Ali-express ones are same as the FOX part numbers on Cyclinic...

the damper side is 15mm nut (with rebound adjuster), and uses 398-00-682
the air spring side (and damper side of old forks with no adjuster), uses 398-00-681

1709548101211.png

oldcorollas

Levin the moment
Name: Bicycle Repair Tool Bicycle Disc Brake Disc Brake Disc Brake Repair Repair Adjustment Tool Disc Adjustment Wrench Tools parts
Price: $10.54
Review: Actually super handy to have. Nice to not have to use a shifter and have a proper tool instead. Good quality
With OG post inspiration, <$12 delivered (yet to be..)

supposedly 6mm thick, vs 5mm or 4mm of others available on AE... fingers crossed

birddog69

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Whats the best El cheapo (I know, it's an oxymoron) hub from Ali. After a 32 hole non boost (142) to put an older HT back together for occasional use. Of course, if any reader of this has one they want to unload, send me a message.

wkkie

It's Not Easy Being Green
Whats the best El cheapo (I know, it's an oxymoron) hub from Ali. After a 32 hole non boost (142) to put an older HT back together for occasional use. Of course, if any reader of this has one they want to unload, send me a message.
PM incoming.

nathanm

Eats Squid
I've got an entire wheel you can have cheap.

1000003315.jpg

1000003313.jpg

oldcorollas

Levin the moment