Adjustable Seat Posts

Andrey

Squid
More Kronolog reviews from the internet.

Links to these reviews are:
Bike Radarhttp://www.bikeradar.com/mtb/gear/category/components/seat-post-seat-pin/product/review-crank-brothers-kronolog-46205
Bike Rumorhttp://www.bikerumor.com/2012/05/10/review-crank-brothers-kronolog-dropper-post-weighed-dismantled-ridden/
Pinkbike (I think that this has been posted in this thread but I will re-post just in case)http://www.pinkbike.com/news/Crankbrother-Kronolog-Telescoping-Seat-Post-Tested-2012.html

The common theme in all 3 review: unreliable.

ADD

Likes Dirt
Oh man! No wonder I shop online so much. I ordered a Giant Switch dropper post in the specific sizes I need it in and the shop gets it completely wrong. FML

eastie

Likes Bikes and Dirt
My Joplin 4 r is still good. Serviced it in the initial month and replaced the seals with fox shock seals. Recently opened it and inside was clean as. My only hate is how hard it is to refill with oil and how finicky it is to get oil volume right. Wouldn't swap it for the new model.

ADD

Likes Dirt
So I finally received the 9mm clamps for my Giant Switch post from Giant so I could install it. I got rid of the shit braided piece on the cable housing replace the cable with a nice jagwire one. 1st impressions is that it has maybe 1mm more side to side play than my old Joplin 4. This never bothered me on the bike so hopefully it still doesn't.

Nerf Herder

Wheel size expert
Can someone please confirm the new LEV in 27.2 doesn't have the external reservoir?
Sorry no details as yet ... but from my understanding the carts are essentially the same ... which means it will need a res ... will confirm when we have details

All seems so hard

Was just given the approval to spend some $$$ on a dropper seat post. Was almost going to buy a Reverb but after reading this thread I'm a bit hesitant about parting with my cash. Excuse my ignorance but bloody hell how hard is it for someone to make a reliable post...

I want to put one on my 2012 Giant Reign 2. Was looking at something with 125mm of travel. Thinking of the lever under the seat rather then a remote. Don't care about the weight. At the moment KS Supernatural looks most promising. Any honest advice would be much appreciated.

outtacontrol

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Any honest advice would be much appreciated.
Don't buy a Kronolog. can't get more honest than that......

I would give some thought to the remote. I was going to go for the seat lever, but after owning them for awhile, am very glad that I went for the remote. Pretty much everytime you want to activate it, it's not the sort of terrain that lends itself to taking a hand off the bars.

A good way to see if it will suit you is next time you are bombing a DH, practise taking a hand off....

Wellsey

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Get the remote. You can't understand how much you will use it until you actually have one. I am constantly raising and lowering my seat making little adjustments. You wont be able to use it to it's full potential if you have to take your hands off the bars. It's made more improvement in my riding than anything else, ever.

I've got the Reverb. It's twelve months old with no issues at all. Has no slop side to side, and only the smallest movement front to rear. So slight, you couldn't even measure it. I'm 110kg and it gets ridden and used very hard.

MrCove

South Shore Distribution
Get the remote. You can't understand how much you will use it until you actually have one. I am constantly raising ..........I've got the Reverb. It's twelve months old.......... used very hard.
wot he said

not had my reverb quite 12 months but i love it

i bled it a few times when i got it as it was slowly sliding down

then about a month ago it started leaking air out of the bottom, got a seal kit for about $15 on line, fitted some new seals, dead easy, now back to 100%

aanon

Likes Dirt
Excuse my ignorance but bloody hell how hard is it for someone to make a reliable post.
Gravity dropper turbo, they may not be ano bling but are mega reliable, a few of the fella's i ride with have them and have had zero issues, CRC have a full range of spares too.

Gravity dropper turbo, they may not be ano bling but are mega reliable, a few of the fella's i ride with have them and have had zero issues, CRC have a full range of spares too.
You're right. Not much bling. Looks like it came off an office chair. mmmm now there's an idea, maybe I'll head to officeworks.

Point taken about the remote. Was thinking more the lever to lessen the dramas, plus I've already got my hand of the bars switching the propedal.

moorey

call me Mia
Got under the seat lever KSi950, mate bought same, then bought remote kit for it. 2 rides and he pulled it off. Mud and crud rendered it unusable very quickly. Can't comment on the reverb.