Ad campagains you wish existed and general bike snobbery

johnny

I'll tells ya!
Staff member
Giant - for those who care, who really really care

aaaaanyway, I got nothin against Giants, I was considering getting one recently but got a better specced Trek at a good price. I used to aspire to being a bike snob but now I prefer to purchase a brand that has solid logistics in to Australia, a brand name they want to preserve and from a shop that I feel comfortable buying from - this time it just ended up being a Trek. I just enjoy watching Giant riders desparately defend themselves whilst trying to convince you they have nothing to prove. I've always found it funny how people attach themselves to a brand as if it's an extension of their own character, be it cars, bikes, clothes, computers, etc.

Giant - well at least you're participating, that's the important thing

Last edited:

Grundos

Likes Dirt
Intense: Now with manufacturing tolerances!

Lahar: Order now and you might receive a bike!

Evil: If you haven’t cracked it within a year you will go into the draw for a chance to suck Dave Weagle’s cock

Knock knock! Would you like to buy an Ellsworth?

Orange: “Best piece of equipment I’ve ever used” – Tommy Lee

Rocky Mountain: Free boat anchor with every bike purchase

Dozer

Heavy machinery.
Staff member
That's the best one yet, well played. ;)

Orange: Everyone loves the sound of a filing cabinet between their legs. Straddle one today.
Trek: Got health insurance? You'll fucking need it!
Intense: You like riding fat ugly girls? Have a fetish for Frankentein's botched look? Get on an Intense and you'll feel right at home.
Transition: You think you're famous and not mainstream? Make the Transition.

pharmaboy

Eats Squid
Giant - for those who care, who really really care

aaaaanyway, I got nothin against Giants, I was considering getting one recently but got a better specced Trek at a good price. I used to aspire to being a bike snob but now I prefer to purchase a brand that has solid logistics in to Australia, a brand name they want to preserve and from a shop that I feel comfortable buying from - this time it just ended up being a Trek. I just enjoy watching Giant riders desparately defend themselves whilst trying to convince you they have nothing to prove. I've always found it funny how people attach themselves to a brand as if it's an extension of their own character, be it cars, bikes, clothes, computers, etc.

Giant - well at least you're participating, that's the important thing
Nah, by my count, you turned non Giant riders into Giant defenders.

That's the funny thing, not many people actually think Giant make shit bikes, they just don't want to own one - it's the boulders and talons that we identify as giant, but we all know from experience that an anthem, xtc or trance or glory is just as likely to go flying past our fat sorry asses.

camoshop

Banned
Nah, by my count, you turned non Giant riders into Giant defenders.

That's the funny thing, not many people actually think Giant make shit bikes, they just don't want to own one - it's the boulders and talons that we identify as giant, but we all know from experience that an anthem, xtc or trance or glory is just as likely to go flying past our fat sorry asses.
Haha 10 char

Did I do it right