DJ ABD Derelikt

guitar1234

Likes Dirt
I'd been considering a DJ bike for a little while, price was always a dictating factor as I'm focusing all my earnings on my car. I'd pretty much scrapped the idea when I went into my LBS and was told that I could get a Derelikt frame for less than rrp, Logic dictated that I had to buy one pretty much just because I could. The spec is Ok, but the majority of the parts I used are not even intended for the build, they just happened to be kicking around the shed. Regardless, here is my first DJ bike, any recommendations or opinions are welcome as I want it to be as aesthetically pleasing and functional as possible.

Frame - ADB Derelikt 2013
Front shock/fork - Rockshox Argyle R (considering air upgrade, I'll re-evaluate after I get the chance to have a decent ride on the thing)
Handlebars - Specialized Demo 750mm 20mm rise
Stem - Bontrager Big Earl stem (ugly as sin, not light either, will prolly get replaced)
Headset - Demolition Integrated
Grips - Specialized unknowns (are being swapped for Renthals)
Saddle - Ritchey WCS (has seen better days, will be swapped for a fake Tioga Spyder from eBay)
Seatpost - Bontrager XXX Carbone
Rear brake - Avid Elixir 3
Cranks - Unknown 3 piece BMX cranks w/25t Sputnic Sprocket (will be replaced for something red/black)
Chain - KMC White
Pedals - Wellgo somethings
Cassette - 13t Spank singlespeed kit
Front hub - Novatec 20mm
Rear hub - Novatec 135x12 bolt up
Front rim - Atomlab Pimplite
Rear rim - Atomlab Pimplite
Spokes - DT Comp's
Nipples - Atomlab Torque Nipples
Tyres - Kenda Small Block 8's
Tubes - Kenda Presta valve
Total weight -12kg +/- (scales are a little off so will weigh again at work next week)

Attachments

Last edited:

Joelxsix

Likes Bikes
Looks real tidy mate, great job. Mind me asking how much the frame was? Wouldn't mind building a dirt jumper up...

floody

Wheel size expert
Not bad!
I would still like one of the Flow 1-2/alloy Derelikt warranty replacement frames, really liked the way they rode but unfortunately didn't snag one early enough.

guitar1234

Likes Dirt
Not bad!
I would still like one of the Flow 1-2/alloy Derelikt warranty replacement frames, really liked the way they rode but unfortunately didn't snag one early enough.
It was a rad thing while it lasted, I managed to grab a BMX frame too so I was stoked
Looks real tidy mate, great job. Mind me asking how much the frame was? Wouldn't mind building a dirt jumper up...
Cheers dude! I can't tell you sorry, would have to kill you :spy: either way they are definitely all sold out

floody

Wheel size expert
So I'm guessing they had a big warranty stock clearout when they canned ABD?

The BMX frames were actually pretty decent, try selling one though...

guitar1234

Likes Dirt
So I'm guessing they had a big warranty stock clearout when they canned ABD?

The BMX frames were actually pretty decent, try selling one though...
ABD hasn't been canned, they were clearing out their warranty frame stock

The build quality of their frames is pretty schmick, I really jumped at the bmx for the Head Angle though, 74.5deg... :bounce: